Friday 24 July 2015

Travel diaries: Arriving in Italy

Hey lovelies, i'm back!

It's been a while! I've been so stressed with finishing my Masters and wondering what it is that I want this blog to be that I haven't had chance to post much recently :( But i'm currently in Italy, and in between sightseeing, wine tasting, pizza eating and gelato sampling I have to take shelter inside as it's so hot, so I thought i'd use that time to upload some photos as a little travel diary!

I'm currently staying in Sorrento, which overlooks the Bay of Naples in Southern Italy and it is absolutely beautiful.


It's over an hours drive from Naples Airport to Sorrento so the sun was setting by the time we got to the hotel and had unpacked, but it was beautiful watching the sunset before heading out to dinner.

The streets of Sorrento are so beautiful, with little side streets full of shops and restaurants around every corner.


The sunsets here are absolutely beautiful. I'm still getting used to my camera, so I couldn't capture how striking the skies were, but I was in awe walking to the restaurant!

We had our first Italian meal at a restaurant called Ristorante "La Favorita" O'Parrucchiano and I would recommend it 100% if you're ever in Sorrento. As the birthplace of cannelloni, and with recommendations from everyone we spoke to, we were excited to try it, and as we hoped, the food was amazing.


Founded in 1868 the story behind this restaurant is a good one, best told by the owners wife, as her husband is the son of the founders nephew, and although she was born in england, she has a passion for italian food and culture that instantly makes you want to try their food!

The restaurant seats almost 1,000 people and in the summer you get to sit in the lemon gardens that surround the main dining rooms. Being surrounded by so many lemons it would be rude not to try the regions own Delizie al Limone, which is an italian sponge cake filled with homemade lemon cream, brushed with homemade limoncello syrup and topped with lemon and whipped cream. So, so good. I bought some limoncello, so I need to start finding some recipes!


Unfortunately because we arrived in Sorrento so late, we didn't have much time to explore, but I'm excited to see what the next few days bring!

Love, Amylou x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment