Sunday 19 October 2014

Pumpkin Inspiration

Hey guys!

Halloween is one of my all time favourite days of the year. Every year I dress up and every year I carve a pumpkin. The girls have convinced me to put away the excessive face paints and special FX make up for a year, and we are all going as black cats :D Even though i've got my costume sorted, I still need to decide on how to carve my pumpkin this year, I found a few photos and thought i'd show you my favourites!

I'll leave links underneath the photos to their original sources if you want to take a better look! :)



(link)


(link)

By no means am I saying that I could actually do any of these, but they are so beautifully done! I might get some stencils this year and try to branch out a little more than just a jack o' lantern face! Though there is nothing wrong with tradition!

I think it would be good to mix it up a bit too, how about a halloween pineapple?!

(link)

I think these are great, and I can't wait to go out and buy mine! Plus I really like homemade pumpkin and butternut squash soup too which comes in handy when trying to get rid of the insides!

If you're not a fan of pumpkins, I love this idea of using little oranges and filling them with mini smarties!



Are you excited for pumpkin carving this year? :)

Love, Amylou x


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. These are all so cool! I'm absolutely terrible at carving pumpkins - it's a technique I have yet to grasp I guess!

    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible too! I've seen stencils that some people have used in the past so i might have to get some of those this year! :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Minion pumpkin & the pineapple jack o lantern are my favorites. They are unique & so clever. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those too! I love the idea of using pineapples instead, so creative! :) xx

      Delete
  3. These are amazing and the little oranges are so cute lol. I'm going to a pumpkin field at the weekend, I can't wait to get mine and get carving (mine will be no where near as good as these though!)

    Faye
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little oranges, I think i'll definitely be making those this year, they are just too cute not to! Haha mine won't be anywhere near this good either! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! this are insane! i wish I could make these but I know I could never... lol

    LOVE the little oranges!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they good! I wish I was this good! I can't wait to make my own little oranges, or attempt anyway! :) xx

      Delete
  5. just gotta say -- these are fabulous ideas... and i love your blog. so chic and classic. :) keep up the good work!

    http://www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete