Friday 10 October 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey guys!

So I was looking for a cookie recipe earlier and was inspired when I saw the photos on this blog post (link) so I just had to give them a go!

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cookies is one thing that i've never quite mastered when it comes to baking, but these turned out so good, i'll definitely be keeping the recipe!

I've kept it pretty much the same as the linked recipe I just changed the chocolate!

Ingredients:

125g unsalted butter
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
75g Galaxy chocolate chopped into chunks
1 Galaxy Ripple crumbled


Method:

(Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4)
1. Mix the sugars and cream together with the butter
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again
3. Gradually add the flour and salt until the mixture becomes doughy
4. Add the chocolate chunks and crumble the ripple into the dough and mix/knead together
5. Cut the ball of dough into roughly 20 pieces
6. Roll these 20 pieces into balls and place on a baking tray (I used 2 trays)
7. Bake for 7-13 minutes
8. Allow to cool and stiffen

(the recipe I used suggested 7 minutes but mine ended up taking 13 as I had to swap the trays over so they baked evenly)


I took the dough out of my mixer to knead in the crumbled ripple and chocolate chunks as it was easier than trying to use the whisk/dough hook on my kitchen aid!)



They were so gooey when they came out that they melted over the side of my cooling racks (at this point I had to just eat one to make sure they were as good as they looked - they were better)


So so delicious. 

A huge thank you to the SweetAsPi Blog for putting up this recipe in the first place, I definitely recommend that you try it!

I'm going to make some of these for halloween with some green food colouring, peppermint essence and then scratch the chocolate chips to look like spiders whilst they are cooling. I'm already excited to make some!

Do you have a favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love Amylou x


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word those look incredible! Consider that recipe bookmarked! :L
    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so proud of them haha, cookies is the one thing I can never make but these turned out so good! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow these look seriously good! Will definitely be trying this!!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete