Wednesday 29 October 2014

Being a Romantic

 
Hey guys,
 
Today I wanted to just write about something that I've been thinking about for a while, and that's being a romantic.
 
It's a bit of a running joke amongst my friends that I'm a bit of a romantic, I believe in fairytales, and soul mates and I love all the cheesy rubbish. Why? I think it's an excellent way to live your life.
 
I believe that everyone comes into your life for a reason. That reason could be a few years of friendship, it could be that they are the one you are meant to spend the rest of your life with, it could be so you can learn a valuable lesson.
 
Some people have said to me before that if I believe in destiny and fate, does that mean I don't believe in free will? But I don't really think of it like that. I just think, if someone is meant to be in your life, then they will be, as long as you play your part too and appreciate them. I think that believing things like that just helps you have a happier life.
 
Say you were with someone and you thought you were settled and you would be happy with them forever, then for whatever reason, they decide they don't want to be with you. If you're not a romantic person you might just say, well I don't want my heart breaking again, I don't believe in soul mates, and i'm not going to put myself in that position again for a long time. But if you're a romantic you will still take it to heart, but even though it hurts, you accept that they were a lesson, not a life partner and now you can go and meet the one.
 
You might get your heart broken a lot, and you might feel like sometimes it isn't worth it, but for me, to feel that amazing feeling of being in love, getting butterflies whenever you see them and just being excited about right now, I think it's worth it.
 
 
That's not to say you should fall in love with everyone you meet, I just think you should be open to it. I haven't had that feeling for a good 4 nearly 5 months, and i'm not in a rush to get it again tomorrow but I just think it's nice to know that it's out there.
 
It could that i'm naïve, but i'm just lucky to have lived a life surrounded by love. My parents have been married for 26 years, my grandparents have been married for over 50. I've only ever come across two people in my life who have lied about love, and only one was to me, and I think that's pretty good for 22 years.
 
It doesn't even have to be about the person you want to spend your life with. It should be about friends too. I'm always nice to new people that I meet, because one day they could be a friend you'll love dearly, and it would be a shame for you to miss out on that, just because you were too 'cool' or stubborn to talk to the new kid.
 
For me, I just think love is when the person you're with just makes you happy. When you just look at them and think, i'm really glad you're in my life. You'll probably have arguments but I once read a quote that said 'a relationship without arguments, is a relationship full of secrets' and I think that's very true. But love is getting through it, and realising that it's ok to disagree sometimes.
 
And i'm starting to go on a bit so I think i'll leave it there!
 
What about you guys, would you say you are romantics or more of a realist?
 
Love Amylou x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest


6 comments:

  1. Aww I agree completely :) and it's worked out for me so far. I think go with your heart and you're unlikely to regret it x

    The perks of being a hipster - Zoella & Tanya Burr Product Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, if you follow you're heart you're doing what you love, and that's the best way to be! :) xx

      Delete
  2. The was a beautiful post and one that summed up my thoughts exactly :) I loved the quotes you used, especially the Oscar Wilde one.

    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love that quote, it's such a lovely one! I also love 'unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life, love shouldn't be one of them' :) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow that quote at the end is amazing! My husband and I love each other but I'm pretty sure we get into at least one argument every week...lol we always get over it though... It's weird how that happens tbh. It's like "ugh you make me so mad!!!" Then 5 minutes later "...you wanna go grab some ice cream?" Lol love...it's a weird thing :P

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird thing, but it's a wonderful weird thing! Haha it's nice to hear that you always get over it, and then get ice cream! The best thing to do after an argument haha :) xx

      Delete