Thursday 16 October 2014

The Glamour Beauty Power List 2014 Box


Hey guys!

So a while ago I ordered a Glamour Beauty Box from Latest In Beauty and I thought i'd just tell you about a few of my favourite products from the box! It's been a couple of weeks since I first started using the products as I wanted to make sure that I used the products enough before giving my opinions! :)

The box included:

- Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Spray
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- James Read Sleep Mask Tan
- Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
- A Lipstick from the Maybelline Stripped Nudes Collection
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
- Eyeko Eye Makeup Remover Wipes
- One Year iPad Digital Edition Subscription to Glamour.



And it was only £15.99!

I've never bought a beauty box before, and what sold this one in particular to me is that I always buy Glamour magazine, and at £2 each that's £24 a year, so really it didn't make sense not to buy the box with that subscription saving!

I haven't used the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser or the James Read tan so I can't tell you about those, but here's what I thought of everything else in the box! :)

Philip Kingsley Daily Defence Spray.


This. Smells. Amazing. I can't even describe how much I love the smell of this spray. To me it smells like the products that we had in Mexico, and so all I can think of is beaches and sunshine when I smell it. I've been using it everyday to blow dry my hair and on the rare occasion that i've straightened or curled it i've used it then too. I don't know if it's a combination of using this and a new conditioner, but my hair has been so soft and incredibly shiny since i've starting using it! I'll definitely be replacing this when it runs out!

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer.


I fall in and out of love with using foundation primers, but this one is lovely. I don't use it everyday, I save it for when I need my make up to last longer or if i'm going to meet someone and want my make up to look its best! It is a thin formula and doesn't make you feel like you're just wearing more layers which some primers can, and it does give me a better finish as well as making my make up last longer. It's going to take me a while to finish as you don't need much and I don't use it everyday, but i'd consider getting more when it does run out.

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara.


I wasn't expecting much from this mascara as i've always used Chanel or Bare Minerals and I didn't think there was any way that this could be as good. But I was wrong! It can clump your lashes a little so it's best to use with a comb/brush as well, but it does what it says and my lashes do seem to look longer and they curl up more giving them more volume too. I've been using this every day that i've been wearing make up which has been most days and i'm really loving it. I think i'd still buy a Bare Minerals one over this, but if I couldn't get to Bare Minerals this would definitely be my next choice!

Maybelline Stripped Nudes Lipstick.


The lipstick in my box was the shade 740 Coffee Craze, and whilst I like the colour, I don't think this is my favourite lipstick. The pigment isn't very strong and the finish is quite slippery and shiny, more like a lip balm/gloss finish rather than a lipstick. If you like lighter coverage and a lighter texture then i'd say these lipsticks would be great for you, but I prefer a stronger pigment for a bolder lip personally, and I prefer a more matte and less shiny finish.

Eyeko Eye Makeup Remover Wipes.


I've only used these a couple of times as I'm not a huge fan of face wipes and prefer to use a wash/cleanser. I needed 2 wipes to get rid of my eye makeup as the wipes are quite small, though I did have a lot of mascara and eyeliner on on these days. They are good, but I wouldn't necessarily say they were better than the Johnsons wipes that I usually use if I need to use a wipe. They don't sting your eyes though which is good as I've found that some wipes can.

And of course I love my Glamour subscription as that was the reason for the box purchase! I'd say my favourite 2 things in the box are the Daily Defence Spray and the Mascara.

Have you bought a box from latest in beauty (or any other beauty box company) before? Which is your favourite box or box subscription?

All my love,

Amylou x


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good wow! I'll have to have a look into these! :)
    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! I think i'll look into getting more beauty boxes! :) xx

      Delete