Tuesday 25 February 2014

Giving things up for Lent

As far as New Years Resolutions are concerned, I'm not actually doing too bad. I've slacked off a bit with the exercise, but i've been super busy (lazy) and it's hard to find time (want to do it) but i'll try to get better again!

I've also not had any alcoholic drinks this year, I didn't want to give up drinking completely but just be healthier with it, and so far so good!

As this is the first year i've actually stuck to my new years resolutions (sort of) I thought i'd challenge myself and give something up for lent, or rather 3 things:

1. Diet Coke - I drink far too much, like 2 a day sometimes more, not good!
2. Crisps - I eat too many, because they taste too good, S&V McCoys are my downfall!
3. Chocolate - Same thing, but how can anyone resist the little Malteaster Bunnies and Galaxy Eggs??

I know i'm probably setting myself up to fail, but it's nice to actually give it a try! There's still a week left before shrove tuesday, so hopefully I can get it out of my system before then!

I guess these could fall into the category of me trying to be healthier, but I think mainly I spend far too much on them, and maybe I won't be such a poor student if I stop it! haha :) I also bake so much, but if I can stay away from chocolate then that's not cheating right? ;) No more of these brownies though! :( 



Although I did bake those for my boyfriend to take to work, so I didn't even keep them!

I wonder what everyone else is giving up for lent, it has to be a challenge! Then its so much better when easter gets here! I'm already looking forward to my giant kinder easter egg. So excited :D

Love Amylou x


No comments:

Post a Comment