Monday 3 March 2014

My weekend in London

This blog post is going to be a bit different to my others (or maybe not so much) as i'm sat in a bar at uni just typing out my thoughts about the weekend. I didn't think anyone would be reading these blogs, it's just something I enjoy doing whether people read them or not, but this weekend I found out one of my best friends Jo who lives in London reads them. She never mentioned it to me, but has read all of my posts, and it makes me feel a bit special that she would do that, so this is one is for you Jo :)

I just had one of the best weekends that I have had in a long time. Since finishing our undergrad degrees me and my two best friends have moved to different places, and it can be hard to see each other regularly, but when all three of us do get together, it reminds me why I love them both so much.

The Friday started out a bit stressful when I got to the station to find my train had been cancelled, but luckily there was another train half an hour after and they let me use my ticket which was lucky, i'm not a fan of the fares to London! Me and Lauren arrived in London but had about 3 hours to kill until Jo finished work so we went along to Meat Liquor, just off oxford street for burgers and coke floats :)



It is literally my favourite place to eat in London ever, I've been countless times and I love it. I cannot recommend it enough. They don't take reservations, and will only seat you if your full party is there (no queue jumping) which I think is great, meaning you can go along whenever and get a table, you might have to queue outside for a while but it's definitely worth it. check out: http://www.meatliquor.com/london/

Afterwards we went over to Harrods, checked our bags in and had a little explore. Gutted to see that the pet kingdom area had gone! Such cute accessories for your pets, and seeing the cute puppies for sale was always a bonus. I haven't had chance to look up why they closed it, but it was always packed with people looking at the pet spa and pets for sale making it quite hard to actually buy things, so maybe that's why! We ended up in the Salad Kitchen on the fourth floor and it looked so nice but we were just so full all we could manage were diet cokes! I definitely want to go back and try the food though! You can see the menu here: http://www.harrods.com/content/the-store/restaurants/the-salad-kitchen/

We met Jo and got on the tube back to hers for a pan-Asian take away and film night. It took 3 phone calls and 2 trips but they eventually delivered all the food we ordered and it was delicious. I've never tried pan Asian food before but it was really nice! I'll definitely be getting it again!

Saturday morning came around and we decided we wanted to go out for sundaes (our weekend was very food oriented), so we drove to the nearest harvester. I've never been to a harvester before and I was very pleasantly surprised! How awesome do these sundaes look?!:



I had a mint aero bubbles one, and it was so delicious!

Of course Saturday night had to involve more food and so we went out for an Italian, such a good time with the girls, 2 bottles of wine and 2 and a half hours later we were the only ones left and told that they wanted to close for the night, a sign of a good night, the time flew by! The pizza was ok, and the girls said the pasta was delicious, however they ran out of garlic bread and they made profiteroles with hot cream, so overall the food aspect wasn't amazing, but as far as a good time goes, it was perfect.

Sunday was a day for relaxing with a lazy morning followed by an amazing roast dinner (compliments to the chef!) and nice afternoon bowling with more pizza!

Then it was time to come home and get back to uni (and attempt to get back in my jeans), a perfect way to spend the weekend before giving up so many delicious things for lent starting Wednesday!

This post is far longer than normal, but I had a lot to say (and a lot to eat) and I can't wait for the next weekend we all spend together! With friends like these two, it's like having 2 extra sisters, soppy but true.

Love Amylou x


No comments:

Post a Comment