Thursday 5 March 2015

Perspective/It doesn't really matter

Hey lovelies.

I was all set to write a little rambly update post about why I haven't been uploading many blogs recently. It's basically because I'm a terrible student and I let my routine go to pot and feel like I'm not really in control of what i'm doing with all the coursework and dissertation stuff i've got going on.


It was going to be a long one. 

I'd already typed most of it out, complete with little pictures from Pinterest and everything.

But just now I got a text from one of my best friends in the whole world about something personal in her life, and it made me realise, it doesn't actually matter. So I deleted that post, and now i'm writing whatever comes into my head now instead!

So what if I end up staying awake until almost midnight, snoozing my alarm without thinking, and not getting up until 9am throwing my whole day off?

So what if I'm so tired I go to the shop as soon as I get to campus to buy Mountain Dew (the only energy drink that doesn't give me chest pain) and then want chocolate/crisps and then my whole healthy eating for the day is gone?

So what if I end up staying on campus late every day because I feel like I'm never going to get my work done?

It doesn't matter.

I'm not going to write a soppy post, because that isn't needed right now, but I also feel silly complaining about my problems, when I know how she feels because I had to go through it once too. 


She is so strong, she will be ok (If you're reading this you're stronger than you think lovely, you'll feel better soon I promise), and in a weird way, it made me realise I need to stop complaining and actually just sort myself out! 

So instead, here's a list of things that I seem to stress about/do that really don't matter:

1. Having six pairs of shoes by the door. You keep the rest upstairs and that's just so far away, and you never know which pair you're going to want to wear.

2. Having Ab, Butt, and Thigh workouts stuck to your mirror even though you only do them every other day. You would do them everyday or even twice a day, but sometimes you just need that extra hour of sleep and/or you have tv to catch up on!

3. Having graduate recruitment brochures on your desk and never reading them. The future is scary! and you still have 9 months until you officially graduate from uni/grad school so you don't need to panic just yet right?!

4. Living in pjs/a onesie at home. You're at home you deserve to be relaxed! Plus less washing is always a good thing (less of a chance to shrink things in the dryer when you don't want to wait for it to dry naturally).

5. Overdressing when you leave the house. Hey you just got that new outfit and it's so adorable, who cares if it's more suited to a formal dinner, you look cute! Plus who knows who you'll run into! Personally I just feel happier if i'm in a skirt and heels!

6. Eating all of the chocolate. Chocolate gives you endorphins and makes you feel happy! You are literally eating happiness, can't argue with that!

7. Using coconut oil because it makes your kitchen smell good. Apparently it's super good for you, and has all these health benefits when compared to other oils, but all you care about it is that it makes your kitchen smell amazing when you use it *heart emojis everywhere*

8. Telling everyone when you're being healthy. To be fair, if you're posting photos of your super healthy food, or taking selfies at the gym, people are well aware you are just wanting to show it off and it's not your everyday, but hey, that smoothie was good, and it's not like you're going to show off your quavers and diet coke is it?! You're proud of the healthy choice you made and everyone needs to know about it!

9.Drinking bottled water. Ok, so this one does actually matter. I'm an environmental student so I know bottled water is incredibly bad for the environment and global warming and all that, but my water tastes really gross, and I haven't seen a filter yet, plus bottled water is so cheap. I know, i'm a terrible person, i'm literally writing 2 assignments right this second on global warming...whilst drinking bottled water. But it'll be fine, i'm sure. Maybe. Probably not.

10. Making pointless lists as procrastination. Sometimes you just get stuck into procrastination and you just don't want to stop!


This post ended up being a lot longer than intended! 

I just wanted to say that I have a reason why I haven't been posting, but all of my deadlines (except my dissertation) are the 20th, so I only have 15 more days to go (which is more than a little scary).

So I won't be around much for the next two weeks, but then hopefully I can get back to it!

If any of you are going through a tough time, try to look on the bright side. Don't allow yourself to wallow in it too much, but also don't let anyone tell you it could be worse, because I really hate that saying.

Just because one person's battle might seem worse to you than someone elses, you don't know what it's like for them both so you can't comment. You wouldn't say to a guy with his arm hanging off, oh it doesn't hurt that much, you could have both hanging off, it could be worse. So don't do it for other things either.

I realise i've talked about perspective which is a bit contradictory, but I think it's ok when you are talking about your own battles.

Now I really should get back to work! 

I don't have a question to end this with, because really the whole post doesn't have any particular train of thought, just my rambles.

I just hope you're all having a really wonderful day!

Love, Amylou x

No comments:

Post a Comment