Friday 27 February 2015

Friday Five: TV Shows


Hey guys!

I don't watch a lot of tv, i'd much rather be curled up with a hot chocolate reading some of my favourite blogs, but there are some shows that I shut down everything else for, and these are the shows that I absolutely love.

1. Suits


I'm currently on season 4 episode 6, which is the most recent episode in the UK and I seriously can't get enough. 

The first two seasons are on Netflix and I watched them in about 4 weeks, which is quick to say I was working and doing uni stuff at the same time! The third season I had to buy on itunes as it wasn't on catch up or Netflix, and now the fourth season is on Dave and every week I can't wait for it.

Without ruining it, Suits is about a law firm in NYC and focuses on two main characters Mike and Harvey. Though to be honest, my favourite character is Donna, she is amazing. Harvey hires Mike after he is the only one who impresses at the interviews, despite never having studied at Harvard Law School, a requirement of the law firm.

I'm always attracted to characters that are sure of themselves, and that can just bounce off each other, and this show is full of this, really really good.

2. White Collar


White Collar is one of those shows that once you've watched one episode, you just want to watch them all. For me anyway! I'm still catching up on Netflix and it's one of my favourite things to do. 

FBI agent Peter Burke has finally caught criminal mastermind Neal Caffrey, but he manages to escape from jail with only months to go until the end of his sentence. Agent Burke finds him and they make a deal where Neal finishes the rest of his sentence working for the FBI as a consultant, helping with forgery and art theft cases.

It hooked me in straight away, and I love the character of Mozzie, one of Neal's friends and a fellow con man. So funny.

Also, Matt Bomer is just beyond beautiful, and to be honest i'd probably watch for that reason alone. 

3. Revenge


Revenge is a show about just that. The main character Emily Thorne is seeking revenge for the injustice that her father suffered at the hands of a rich and powerful family who live in the Hamptons. 

You really feel for Emily, though sometimes she can seem a little crazy, Emily VanCamp plays her character in such a way that you really want her to succeed and finally be happy again.

There's lots of ups and downs, and things that you really don't want to happen, but it does a good job of showing that if revenge is the path you go down, you will hurt people you love and it might not be the best option!

I love it, 100% recommend.

4. The Great Comic Relief Bake Off


I've loved The Great British Bake Off every since the first episode aired back in 2010. People apply from all over the UK to be the best amateur baker and many contestants have gone into baking and cooking careers afterwards.

This year there has been a spin off for comic relief (it has been done before for sport relief too) and it has been so good so far I can't wait for the next one.

The photo i've put up is from my favourite episode of the celebrity comic relief version so far with Jonathan Ross, Zoe Sugg, Abby Clancy and Gok Wan. It was hilarious. Jonathan Ross was terrible and it was so funny to watch, it really puts you in the mood to have a go, because they laugh it off when it goes wrong for them too.

I really recommend you look it up, I don't know if you can watch it outside of the UK, but I hope you can! Whilst you're watching you could also do your good deed of donating to Comic Relief too! 

5. Greek


I've only started watching this fairly recently, but i'm already on season 3. I've always had a soft spot for shows about sororities/university/high school (I was obsessed with 90210, gossip girl and privileged) and I love this one.

It's basically about Rusty, a freshman studying Polymer science who wants to join a fraternity. His older sister Casey is in a sorority and doesn't think he has what it takes to join the greek system, but he makes it in and thrives.

Whilst centering on some main characters the main theme of the show seems to be the rivalry within the greek system, and I think I love it most because we don't have anything like that in the UK, and I really wish we did, it looks like so much fun! (Other than the hazing).

And those are my favourite shows at the minute!

Do you watch any of these? What are your favourite things to watch, i'd love some new recommendations!

Love Amylou x

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of one of these shows. I really need to up my tv game apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! They are so good, I definitely recommend watching them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete