Monday 16 February 2015

Current Beauty Favourites

Hey lovelies,

I haven't shared any of my favourites in a while so I thought i'd just share with you my four beauty favourites of the moment!

Sorry about the photos in advance, when I got up for uni this morning the sun hadn't risen yet and it was setting by the time I got home so had to take them quickly whilst there was still some natural light!

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Intense Charcoal Scrub


I am loving this face scrub at the minute, it's my new absolute favourite and i've put away my Kiehls face wash for the moment so I can use this instead!

The Garnier website says that it protects against the appearance of imperfections, blackheads and marks.

At first I was not convinced at all, I started using it and my skin got worse, but I thought i'd stick with it and i'm so glad I did, after the first few days my skin started to clear up and it's never felt so soft without having to use a clay mask during the week too.

I've been using it daily for a few weeks now and I love it. I'm on my second bottle!

It contains 2% salicylic acid which is often used to treat acne and warts as it breaks down tough skin and (as gross as it sounds) shed the tough outer layer, so your skin feels soft and new. The charcoal is meant to draw out impurities and my googling tells me charcoal face washes are twice as powerful at doing this than other washes!

It's only £4.99 from Boots and i'd say it's definitely worth it, as my skin is better than it was when I was using high end expensive face washes.

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb


This is my favourite fragrance ever. I bought it a few years ago for a friend for her birthday or christmas and I remember thinking how much I loved it, but at £50 for just 30ml I thought it was a little pricey to just buy myself.

Luckily it ended up in the sales just before christmas at debenhams I believe? (It could have been house of fraser, one of the two) and I ended up getting it, and saving it until christmas day anyway!

It's such a lovely floral scent, it's not overpowering and still light enough to be a day scent that can just as easily be worn at night. I've worn it pretty much every day since christmas and i'm always getting compliments on it.

I'm absolutely terrible at describing scents, but I recommend you have a try the next time you see it!

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre - Unleash Me


This lip gloss is amazing, and you can tell by the scratches it's had some use!

It is part of the Vintage Vamp collection at Charlotte Tilbury and I bought this late autumn I believe from Selfridges in Manchester when we were shopping for a new bracelet for my sister and I got my watch that day too! It was a good day.

It looks quite bright on this photo (sorry, sunset) but it is a deep burgundy colour, I'll insert a photo from the Charlotte tilbury website here:
It really is a beautiful colour. I wear it over the top of my Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Night Crimson for a deep burgundy lip, or on top of my YSL Rouge Pur Couture in the colour 9 Rose Stiletto for a more pinky red.

It's really long lasting, and isn't sticky at all. The colour does transfer very easily though, and the high pigmentation means it will stain your skin for a little while, so i'd be careful for smudging it!

The Naked One Palette



I know every blogger and their dog talks about this palette but I wanted to say in particular that i've been loving the Sidecar shade (as you can probably tell from the photo i've hit the pan!) It's a shimmer shade, and usually I prefer a matte finish, but for some reason I just love this!

I've been wearing it pretty much every day and blending it with the Smog and Dark Horse shades somedays when I don't want a flat colour.

It's so easy wearing, and I just think it looks great with my YSL shocking liner and Benefit Rollerlash mascara for an everyday casual look.


So that's it! They are the four things i'm absolutely loving at the moment.

Have you tried any of these? What beauty product could you not live without at the moment?

*disclaimer - all products were bought by myself and all views are entirely my own*

All my love, Amylou x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Danielle Gorman-Kiely17 February 2015 at 23:35

    Love your blog design! And love the look of this CT lip lustre. I've tried her matte revolution lipsticks and they're amazing! This is another product to add to my wishlist thou!
    Danielle | simplicityrosex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I love all the charlotte Tilbury products I have, I don't think I've tried the matte revolution lipsticks but I definitely want to, all the products seem to be such good quality! :) xx

    ReplyDelete