Friday 20 February 2015

Photography Walls

Hello there lovelies!

For the longest time i've wanted a wall filled with different sized photographs and quotes, much like this:


I'd mix it up with some mirrors and I think i'd have some colour in there, though I really do like the black and white/sepia theme in that photo.

I thought i'd share with you some of the photos and photo styles that i'd want to have up on my wall. Maybe i'll do a post another time with the quotes and mirrors! :) 

The photos below aren't mine and the links to the source of each one is under the photos.


I'm a real sucker for a sunset. I can just look at photos like this and imagine myself sat on a beach wrapped up in a blanket watching the sun go down listening to two door cinema club and the thought of all that just makes me so happy.


I would have to have a photo of the Eiffel Tower on my wall. I have such fond memories of Paris, even though I was ill the last time I went, it will always have a place in my heart as one of my favourite places, it's such a beautiful city.

The architecture is beyond amazing, and there's just such a wonderful vibe to the city. I definitely walked around in awe. I definitely want to go back many, many times in the future.


I had the best holiday of my life when I stayed in New York City the summer before last. Call me a googly eyed tourist, but honestly it was so much more than I expected.

The first day walking around I fell in love. I would absolutely love to live here for a while, even if just for a year. It's just one of those places you walk around and think, yeah, this feels right.

It's just the mix of people you see. Tourists in their I heart NY t-shirts, and the business men and women in their suits, runners in their gym gear, and then people like me just walking round amazed by how tall everything is.

A lot of things went wrong for me after I got back from new york, and whilst everything is better than ever now, when I was in that down time I could always look back to how amazing those three weeks were, and it's a time I really appreciate, and I have such good memories with my family there.

So that's why I need NYC on my wall!


This one is pretty self explanatory and follows on from my other New York photos. I saw my first baseball game at Yankee Stadium and I was sold, it really is the best game. 

So much team spirit and so much fun to watch. I definitely want reminders on how amazing that day was!


I love Vegas. Some parts are tacky, and some parts are amazing.

Again, part of the most amazing holiday, but one of my favourite places to travel now. I went to the best asian restaurant in the Venetian called Tao, which is also a nightclub I believe, but the food was so so good.

I was only there for 3 days, but it was just such a good 3 days. It's a holiday I want to remember forever (broken record I know) but so many good memories.


I would, of course, need a photo of my favourite flowers in the whole world. Peonies.

This one was taken in a Parisian market. Aren't they just the most beautiful flowers? I've loved them ever since I was a little girl.

No one has ever bought me peonies *cue worlds tiniest violin* so until they do, a photo on my wall will have to do!

credit

I love beach huts. Always have, always will. There's just something so serene about a row of beach huts at the seaside. They are adorable, and they just make me happy.

I plan to live by a beach one day soon, so hopefully i'll be seeing a lot more of these!

I just want photos that are either of things I love (i'd also include a lot of family and friends) or ones that remind of places i've been and the memories that come with them. 

I couldn't find a good one, but i'd love a photo of a quadracycle. When we were in California we drove down the west coast, and in one of the towns we stopped off in, me, my sister and my parents drove one along the beach front and it was so. much. fun.

If you get the chance to ride one, do it!

If you had a photo wall what would you include on yours? 

Would you have photos of things you love, places you've been, or would you prefer paintings from your favourite artists?

Love Amylou x

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I love photo walls, and the pictures you've chosen here are stunning - I love how they actually have meaning to you as well so you'll smile every time you see them hanging on your wall :) Lots of good inspiration here!

    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I love to be surrounded by memories, and it really would make me smile to see them all! I'm glad you liked it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the photos you picked! I've always wanted a photo wall too... But I have no idea what kind of photos I would hang up 😂 a part of me wants like a geeky photo wall with my favorite characters, places etc... Eh we'll see what happens!! 😉


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :) They look so good don't they! I don't know where i'd put it but I know I definitely want one! That would be so cool! I'd love to see one with like old school comic drawings and things like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! My eyes are full of prettiness! I live by the sea and it is lovely- highly recommend it. :)
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Ah i'm so jealous! I will definitely be doing all I can when I finish uni to move by the sea! :) xx

    ReplyDelete