Monday 23 February 2015

Monday Make-up


Hey guys!

For today's post I thought i'd share with you just the make-up that I wear on an every-day basis, and now looking at that photo, it looks like a lot!

I think that's ok though, because I don't wear make up if i'm just in the house, and I take it off when I get in after a day at work/uni as it just feels so much better for my skin when it's just got moisturiser on it, so I don't have it on all the time.

It's taken a while of trial and error to find different brands and shades that work the best with my skin, but now that i'm sorted, I thought it would just be nice to tell you about it (mostly because I'm really nosy and love knowing what other people use and love, so if you're anything like me then you can have a nosy too).


My make-up bag was a gift for my birthday from my sister and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect size to fit all of my everyday make-up in and it's from Kurt Geiger, they actually still sell them, so if you want to take a look you can get it here :) 

I really need somewhere separate to keep my brushes, but I can't seem to find anything I like, so at the minute i'm just using the bag I got my last foundation in, but it's the perfect shape for standing the brushes in so I can just pick out the one I want.


I almost always start with my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, though sometimes I forget, or if i'll only be wearing my make-up for a few hours I won't usually bother, but of all the primers i've tried this is definitely my favourite, and definitely makes my make up last longer.

I've been using Chanel foundation for years now, I love it and when you've got something that works, why change! I used to use the Matte Lumiere but it was discontinued so these days I use the Perfection Lumiere in shade 20 beige. I usually apply it with the Real Techniques expert face brush.

It took me a while to find the right shade as they range from yellow to pink tones, and I was always matched with a pink tone and didn't really like how it looked, but I switched to the next shade along and it was more yellow based and i've been using this for over a year now, and I think it would take a lot for me to change it!

If I need a good coverage from a concealer i'll usually use my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20 (not pictured above) but most of the time I just want to add a bit of light under my eyes so I use the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat on a day to day basis, and I love it.

It isn't too thick but still hides my bags! It's also good if I have small blemishes to conceal too. I usually apply it direct to my face and then blend it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush.

Finally, as i'm not using a matte foundation and I have quite oily skin, I use a matte powder to set my foundation and reduce shine. I love the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light, I can actually see the pan through the powder so I need to go and get a new one soon! 

I apply it using my Urban Decay Big Buddha Brush, which is absolutely huge, but so soft.


I absolutely love the Sleek Palettes, this is my second Sleek contouring palette and it's the Medium 374 palette. (did I say palette enough in that sentence?!). The darkest brown is matte, and the other two have a slight sheen to them. If i'm trying to minimise what I carry i'll use one of the dark browns for an eye shadow too! I usually apply it with my Urban Decay Good Karma Blush Brush.

I'm not a huge fan of blush, so I like one with a subtle colour and this one from MAC is perfect. It's the Mineralize Blush in Simmer. It has a high sheen to it, almost sparkles without any glitter. I like it most because it gives a highlighter effect as well as a rosy blush. I've been using my French Connection blusher brush which is really soft, but can lose bristles quite easily.


As I said in a recent favourites post, I am loving my Naked One palette, and I use it every day! I use the Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush which is actually a vegan brush to apply it! Sidecar and Smog are my favourites to wear everyday. When i've applied my eyeshadow I like to use my French Connection eyeshadow brush to blend out any hard lines around the edges.

I use the YSL Shocking eyeliner in shade 1 above my lash line on my top lid for a winged look, and the bareMinerals Lasting Line in Absolute Black under my lash line under my eyes as it can be easily smudged for a smoky eye. I absolutely love both of these, and i'm on my second one of each!

For mascara I was using the Bourjois volume 1 seconde mascara and the bareMinerals Lash Domination but ever since trying the Benefit Roller Lash mascara i've been absolutely loving it. I won't go on about it as i'm sure you've read a million reviews already!

For my brows I like to use the Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in shade 03 deep brown. This pencil is really easy to use as it's soft so you can have a light coverage or heavy line depending on how hard you use it.


Finally (you're almost at the end I promise!), I have been wearing my YSL Rouge Pur Couture in shade 9 Rose Stiletto most days, and this is all that's left of it! So I definitely need to get another one of these! It's a dark pinky red, and good if you like red but don't want to go too bold.

The lipgloss is the one I mentioned in my last favourites post, and actually looks the correct colour in my photos today! It's the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Unleash Me. Such a gorgeous burgundy colour. I love it, but it does stain your skin superfast, I got my hair caught in it in the wind, and I had a stripe on my face for soo long. So as much I love it, it needs careful attention!

That's it! That was very long, if you stuck with me this long, thank you!

I saw an interesting post on the Crafty Fox blog by Hannah (link) where she worked out how much her face costs, and it thought it would be fun (or traumatic) to work mine out too! So if I lost all of my makeup including the bag and had to buy all of this at once, it would cost me £406.47 excluding the Big Buddha Brush because it's been discontinued, and that's a bit of a scary thought!

Do you use any of these products? If you've done a similar post link it in the comments i'd love to read it!

Love Amylou x



Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Some lovely make up picks there! I've never tried a YSL lippy but they look soo luxurious and that shade is just gorgeous. Also dying to try out the Laura Mercier primer!


    Beth / www.bethany-georgina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the YSL lipsticks they are really creamy and leave your lips feeling so soft, I definitely recommend! I love the Laura Mercier primer, it's my go-to now and I don't like using any others! It just feels like you're putting on a thin moisturiser which I love as I've found some primers can leave a weird powdery feeling on my skin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love these make-up picks! Very luxurious and some brands I'd love to try myself one day x

    www.krystelcouture.com | OnePiece Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I would definitely recommend all of them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the Naked palette, I was about to order it but I just can't get myself to pay that much for it :( WHY AM I SO CHEAP!? haha

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand that! If I need to get a new palette I usually wait up until around my birthday or christmas so I can justify it bit more, at £40 it's not something I feel I could just buy everyday! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a lovely collection of makeup! I really want to try out Chanel make up at some point this year. Real Techniques brushes are my staple items in my bag, the buffing brush is the best to buff foundation into the skin! :) xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete