Sunday 12 April 2015

Current Life Favourites

Hey lovelies,

There are so many things i've been loving recently, it's way too late for a march favourites post so I thought i'd just share my current favourites! They are quite random favourites so i've called this post a lifestyle favourites as there isn't really a theme to them, just things i've been enjoying!

Favourite TV show: Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time

I am so obsessed with this show. Season 4 is currently on and it's so good. Without ruining the story, if you haven't seen it (though most people have it seems!) it's about an evil queen who wants to ruin the happy ending of snow white and so sends all the fairytale characters to our world where they have no magic and don't remember who they are. 

The fairytales are different to the ones we know, but I think it makes them better, the female characters are a lot stronger and more independent in this program too than in their disney stories. There are a few more sinister characters, and once or twice i've had to watch something afterwards before going to bed! But I think that's what makes me love it all the more, it's different and it makes the fairytales you loved as a kid all the more exciting.

One thing it is excellent for is making you think about evil. It reiterates the point that evil is made not born, and shows that most evil arises from envy, which is a very real point to be made. It also shows that everyone has both good and bad in them, and it's up to the individual to make their own choices and deal with the consequences.

The final thing that stands out to me is that they continue to say that 'all magic comes with a price'. I think that's a message that's very true. Not in the sense of actual magic, but in that if you take a short cut to get something, or do something you shouldn't, there will be a price (consequences) and that you should really think about whether it would be worth it.

Favourite Film: Cinderella

source

I only watched this film yesterday but I absolutely loved it. I'm a huge fan of the live action remakes that disney are doing at the moment. I think I was more impressed by Maleficent when it was first released, but Cinderella is definitely worth watching. The costumes are really good, they are still heavily influenced by the drawings in the original film, but they also have a modern twist on them to make them more relatable.

Everyone knows the story of cinderella and this is a really heartwarming version, it doesn't take much but I was almost crying at the sad parts of the film (no spoilers as to when) but it isn't so sad that it would upset children watching. The only downside to the remakes is that they don't include any of the songs that made the originals such magical films. If they had kept at least one or two of the songs in, I would have loved this film even more.

Favourite Album: PTX Volume 2

PTX Vol 2
source

I am absolutely loving Pentatonix at the moment, and this is my favourite album of theirs. Their cover of the Daft Punk songs is so good it's one of my top played songs ever. They are an acapella group, and if you didn't know you'd think they were just a normal group, the beats and rhythms that they make sound incredible. I'm actually in awe of their talent every time I watch any of their videos or listen to any songs. They also have a few originals on each album and Love Again which is on this album is my absolute favourite. It's also the video that includes the blue sparkly make up I showed you in a blog post recently. So good.

Favourite Clothing: Pink Joni Jeans - Topshop


These. Jeans. Are. Amazing. Seriously. You probably saw them on my last post and they are the comfiest things in the whole world, plus they are such a cute spring colour. I've been wearing them so much recently, they go with so many different tops and blazers and as they are cropped they look great with heels and flats. I don't know if they are meant to be crops or they just don't sell them long enough for me, but either way, they look great (if I do say so myself).

The Joni jean is a huge favourite of mine, I have them in a leather look black denim and I'm thinking of getting them in Duck Egg Blue too, which is my absolute favourite colour in the whole world. They are a stretchy denim fabric, but not as stretchy as jeggings, and definitely not as see through.

Favourite Drink: Pink Lemonade

Pink Lemonade
source

My love affair with pink lemonades began in a wine bar in Lancaster called Oscar's. They are made from vodka, cointreau, southern comfort, cranberry juice, lime cordial and lemonade. Or at least the ones I drink are, and they are so amazing. Really refreshing and fruity, a perfect spring drink, plus throw in a few slices of lemon and add a little umbrella and is there really any better pink cocktail? I think not.

What do you think of my favourites? What are you loving at the moment?

Love, Amylou x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see Cinderella... might have to do that this week, and the jeans are a gorgeous colour. Lovely post!

    Faye
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, I definitely recommend it! :) Thanks! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete