Saturday 11 January 2014

Attempting To Change My Diet

As part of my resolution to try and be a healthier me, i'm trying to change my diet to a better one. It's proving a little difficult as i'm extremely stubborn when it comes to food! I know what I like, and that's what I eat. But at 21 I think it's time I get a little more adventurous/eat like an actual grown up.

I'll be doing it in baby steps of course. Tonight I tried grilled chicken and babycorn with spicy rice in wraps, which makes a change from the usual saturday night pizza/takeaway/ general bad food. It wasn't bad, infact it was actually quite tasty, it tasted quite plain at first but then again i'm used to covering everything in ketchup, however if given the choice, I think i'd still go for the pizza haha.

I've just got a new george foreman grill, so it makes cooking veg and meat really quick and easy so i'm hoping it will inspire me to try new things. Tomorrow is a new day and i'm going to try making a soup. I'm really not a soup person, anything with lumps i.e. juice or yoghurts, makes me want to gip, but we'll have to get out the blender and see what we can do!

Booths (a supermarket in NW England for those that don't know), sent out a little healthier eating recipe book to all of its card members this year, and it has a recipe for a spiced red lentil and butternut squash soup that sounds amazing. So that's going to be tomorrow's task, if it goes well maybe i'll take some photos and put it up in a blog :)

Speaking of which, i've written blogs before, but they've been just absent minded thoughts when i've wanted to procrastinate. I'm trying to write this new blog to talk about things I like, what i'm doing to try and get healthier, any new baking/cooking that i'm trying and then maybe the odd blog about a nice day out. Sitting here and writing about trying to get healthier is giving me motivation that I didn't have before. So even if no-one is reading, it's helping me to stay on track, and I guess that's the most important thing!

Love Amylou x


No comments:

Post a Comment