Wednesday 15 January 2014

Healthier Me

Today's blog post is mostly just going to be about how i'm getting on with trying to be healthier. I've got a new gym buddy which made it a bit easier to get up at 6am when I knew someone was waiting for me! We ended up waiting outside the gym for it to open at 7am, but I had the best workout i've had in a long time. It was nice and empty and I felt like I could really go for it, and i'm glad I did.

I'm not the fittest of people but today I ran (and walked) for 25 minutes and managed to do 3k. Which for me, is pretty impressive. Hopefully i'll be able to build it up until i'm doing 10k and then my charity run in May will be so much easier to complete!

Diet-wise. I'm not doing so well. I have an addiction to toasties and fajitas. Barbeque chicken and cheese toasties are the best thing ever. Who would have known that melting cheese with barbeque chicken inside toasted bread would be so good. I could actually live off them. My george foreman grill also makes it so quick and easy to make fajitas. Just put the chicken in the grill, mix up a quick salsa, grate some cheese, make a little salad and some grilled vegetables, heat the wraps and the whole thing is ready in 10 minutes. 

I guess it could be worse, I could be living off takeaway curries and chinese and pizzas.

I feel like I have so much more energy these days. Even though i'm getting up 2 hours earlier than I used to, going to the gym every morning before starting the day just makes me feel so awake. It's great! Just got to keep it up, maybe try and eat a bit better and then hopefully i'll see the difference! I'm never going to be a Victoria's Secret Angel, but as long as I look decent in a bikini, that's good enough for me!

I'm also managing to have one day a week just to relax and make time to do fun things and just chill out with friends and loved ones. I haven't had any alcoholic drinks since new year and i'm getting sort of organised. I think this is the longest i've stuck to my resolutions, although it is only the 15th of January. Hope you guys have managed to stick to yours!

Love Amylou x


No comments:

Post a Comment