Sunday 9 November 2014

A Walk Down The Trans Pennine River (Trail)

Hey guys!

At work we've taken up a pedometer challenge where in teams of four we want to walk the equivalent of the distance from Barnsley to Dublin which is around 226 miles or 452,000 steps in two weeks. To get into the spirit, a ten mile walk along the Trans Pennine Trail was organised and everyone was invited to come along.

A few of us went along to the walk and it was such a good day, the colours were absolutely beautiful, and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air climbing some hills, even if it did pour down the entire time! Most the trail especially the steeper hills pretty much turned into rivers, but luckily (most of us) brought a few waterproof layers!



My phone battery died about an hour into the walk so I didn't get to take many photos, and really it was raining so hard a lot of them were blurry due to the rain on my phone!

I just thought i'd share some of the photos that I did manage to get! :)


But I had the best time, and I can't wait to do it again! Overall on Saturday (including just general pottering about in the afternoon I did 22,568 steps, so i'm off to a good start! Though I doubt any other day will get anywhere near that!


It's so nice to just be outside and enjoy how beautiful the british countryside is. I've planned to get out walking more in the Lake District when I get back up to uni, I just hope the weather is a bit better next time!

Have you ever done a pedometer challenge, or walked along somewhere similar?

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend! 

Much Love, Amylou x


No comments:

Post a Comment