Wednesday 5 November 2014

October Favourites

Hey guys!

Even though it's only been a week it feels like so long ago since I blogged! So I thought i'd share with you a few of my favourite things from October! :) It might be a bit of a different favourites post, but this is a lifestyle blog and these are the favourite bits from day to day life in october! (also sorry about the photos they are all from my phone/instagram!)

Favourite Song:

I have been absolutely loving Taylor Swift's new album 1989 and I can't pick between New Romantics and How You Get The Girl. They are so good! Got them on repeat for my drive to work. Such happy songs, with such a good beat to them, they just make me feel happy!

Favourite Item of Clothing:

I am in love with this navy and white dress from Love that I found in Topshop a few weeks ago, you can still get it from the Love Website too if you want to have a look at it! It is the comfiest thing ever, and I thought it was pretty flattering which can be hard with bodycon dresses sometimes!


 Favourite Night With Friends:

Halloween. I love halloween and usually I go a bit crazy with the old face paints but this year I toned it down and went as a cat and I had the best night. 


It's not a common thing for me Jo and Lauren to get together, we only get to do it every couple of months and it's always a good night! I won't post my endless photos as I took probably over 100 so I'll just put up two collages I have from the night!

It was such a good night, there were far too many drinks involved, but I don't remember a single moment where I wasn't laughing or at least smiling and it was just so nice to have a night out with everyone! I only manage to get to uni for a couple of days per fortnight but it's always so nice to see everyone! :)

Favourite Night With Family:

My little sister's 18th. Even though her turning 18 makes me feel so old, it was such a lovely celebration to share with her! We all went out for dinner and had the best time. One thing that I really love about my family is that even though we see each other all the time and talk every day, we are always laughing and joking around together and it's such a loving environment to be in!
We went to Marco's in Sheffield, and it was so good! Run by Marco Pierre White it's a New York Italian, and even though it has quite a small menu it has a good variety, and it tastes amazing. I definitely recommend it!


Favourite Food:

For my sister's birthday I made her a rainbow cake, and not to toot my own horn, but I think it turned out pretty good!


Favourite Morning:

I'm not the best morning person, i'd much rather get up and go for a run at about 9am but one morning Lauren got me up and we headed off to the gym at 7am, it was just before the clocks turned back for daylight savings and we got to watch the sunrise as we were there, it was so pretty!

It was really dark when I was walking down to the gym so hard to get a decent photo!
Had to get my obligatory gym trainers photo ;) 
 The sun was still rising as we left the gym and headed up to our offices/meetings! Such pretty colours :)

Didn't share many favourite things, but I thought it would be nice to do a different kind of favourites post this month! No doubt i'll be back to my favourite make-up/home decor for next month!

What was your favorite thing about October?

I think mostly I just loved the weather turning colder and all the snug jumpers coming out! I can't wait for winter walks and cosy fires with hot chocolates! 

All my love, Amylou x



6 comments:

  1. I love this post - so nice to see a different sort of favourites! :)

    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I usually do a make up and home decor one so I thought this would be a nice change! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love that dress too! Your cake is amazing, that must have been so tricky to make! :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Thank you, it wasn't too hard it was just very time consuming having to bake all the layers as I only have two cake tins! haha :) xx

      Delete
  3. I like this post more than when people just share products :P glad you had a good Halloween and that cake looks yummy! I can't believe it's November already!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I know, this year has gone way too fast it needs to slow down! haha xx

      Delete