Wednesday 12 November 2014

Inspired by Art: Designing a Room

Hey guys!

I was recently introduced to Invaluable and their huge range of paintings they have up for auction, and was told about a challenge to design a room around one of their pieces currently for auction.

I love home decor, and I don't get to decorate as much as i'd like so I thought i'd give it a go! (and it gives me an excuse to browse pinterest too!)

I chose The Waterlily Pond With Japanese Bridge, 1899 by Claude Monet. Though the theme of the room could work with any painting of a similar colour scheme :)


Here are a few of the things i'd put in my room!


I love corner sofas, so my room would have to have one! With a matching grey rug, grey chandelier and grey table. On top of the table i'd bring in the colours from the painting with a mint vase and fill it with white flowers, they don't have to be roses, just any white flowers really! Then mint throw pillows and a mint throw blanket!


I think it's important that you don't try to bring too many colours into your decor, if you stick to a couple of colours you can get a really clean, bold effect that looks quite elegant. I think a good tip would be, if you're designing a room around a painting, pick maybe two, maximum three colours from that painting and stick to those, even better if you pick one (such as mint) and then just do varying strengths of that one colour with grey or cream.

I actually really want to decorate my room grey and mint after this! When I move into my next house I think this is the colour scheme i'll be going with!

I had so much fun making this post (I love home decor), and it was great to be inspired by a painting to create the room. There are so many great paintings on auction over at Invaluable.com so if you click the link (here) you can take a look at them all!

I hope you find one that you love!

Love Amylou x

*Disclaimer, no compensation was received for this post and all views are entirely my own and do not represent those of Invaluable or any affiliated companies.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely post and I love the scheme you came up with!

    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decor you chose, the colors are sooo relaxing. I would love an office like this!


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love it too! Next time I decorate i'm definitely using this colour scheme! :) xx

      Delete