Friday 2 January 2015

Feel Good January


Hello Lovelies,

I decided to start off 2015 with a little post about little things you can do to make yourself feel good.

I don't know about you, but I feel like i'm going stir crazy when I stay in the house for longer than a day, and over christmas we've done a lot of staying in! So it's time to dust off our coats, and get outside to do things that make us feel good again!

1. Get outside and go for a walk!



It doesn't snow very often so we decided to make the most of it and headed up to Langsett for a walk around the reservoir, it was so pretty!

I felt so much better after this walk, we were only out for a couple of hours before our fingers and toes were going numb and we headed to the local pub for a roast dinner!

It doesn't have to be a long walk, just getting out of the house and getting some exercise and fresh air can make you feel so much better!

2. Eat healthy!


I'm not saying go crazy on a new fad diet, but eating excessive amounts of rubbish over the holidays can make you feel so sluggish, and it's time to get some of that energy back!

The amount of chocolate and desserts and snacks that i've eaten over christmas is atrocious, and I can feel it too. When I drink sugary drinks I just feel so tired all the time, and the same goes for chocolate too.

Today i've only had water to drink, had beans on toast for brunch, and then fresh vegetable pasta for dinner and I can't tell you how much better I feel. I feel like suddenly I have so much energy to burn, i'm going to the gym in the morning and I honestly can't wait. And I never thought i'd be that excited to burn off some energy!

3. Drink more water!


I'm 100% guilty of not drinking enough water. It's such a simple thing, and it makes such a difference. Being dehydrated makes you tired, which means you're less active, it also makes you think that you're hungry, so that you'll eat to get water from your food. It makes your skin look tired giving you wrinkles, not exactly a process I want to speed up!

So if you drink more water, it will help keep skin looking great, stop you being hungry all the time and gives you the energy you've been missing over the holidays! Great!

4. Think good thoughts!


This is one of my all time favourite quotes, and it is so true. Many see the beginning of a new year as a new start. Maybe instead of setting goals you have no intention of keeping (we all know how long those gym memberships last), maybe this year, we should set new years resolutions to think happy thoughts.

Being happy improves your health. It's that simple. It might not be that simple to have those happy thoughts in the first place though you might be thinking. If it's a struggle, just start with one happy thing every day.

There's a line in Alice in Wonderland that I absolutely love "Why, sometimes i've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Why not instead of six impossible things, tell yourself six nice things, or think of six things you're thankful for.

You'd be surprised how much better you feel after starting the day with good thoughts.

I love this time of year. I've eaten as much junk as I wanted over christmas, and now i'm ready to get back into being healthy. I want to wake up with energy in the mornings, ready to start the day, rather than rolling out of bed mid-morning wanting to go back to sleep!

What do you do to make yourself feel good? I'd love to hear!

All my love, Amylou x


3 comments:

  1. Drinking water makes me feel good too! So does taking a walk... looking at the pretty scenery always makes me feel better :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes such a difference! I love going for walks, when everything is peaceful around you it just makes you feel so calm, I love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, i've started slacking with my water so i've installed an app that keeps notifications on my phone until i've told it i've had 8 glasses of water, and I hate the little numbers on my home screen, so it's definitely helping me! haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete