Thursday 26 June 2014

Birthday Weekend With The Girls

Hey!

Before I start this, i'm just gonna say I don't have any photos of my weekend with my girls! We spent all of our time just enjoying the moment as we rarely get to be together and it's usually at least 2 months inbetween get togethers which is far too long!

It's really important to take photos and capture memories but I also think sometimes it's just nice to live in the moment and make the most of the time you have with loved ones!

We started our trip with an obligatory trip to nandos on friday night (obviously) and as ever it was delicious. I always get either a chicken burger or butterfly chicken, always medium, and yet I never get tired of eating it! We had a good gossip and a couple of hours later we headed back to mine to watch some cake boss in our pjs! It felt like we had lots of catching up to do as it's been so long but we talk every single day, and there probably isn't a person i've met or a meal i've had that the girls haven't known about. 

It's often got me some weird looks from the parents when I take a photo of my tea at the table and just text it to them (yes i'm one of those people) but sometimes it's just important to show these things!

Saturday we headed off to York for a day of shopping in the sun and it was such a beautiful day! If you ever go to York you should go to Betty's tea rooms, I don't know why, but it's a cute cafe and everyone should go for afternoon tea at some point! After a day of shopping, gossiping, laughing and sunbathing by the river we headed home and got ready for dinner.

The indian restaurant in my village does the biggest naans ever, and so obviously I had to take the girls with me! I've taken Lauren before but it was Jo's first time and I don't know why, but I just like taking people there! I've been going since I was a young girl when it was just a takeout from a small trailer and now its a huge two storey restaurant and it's beautiful. So you're ever in the Barnsley area, check out Tandoori Hut, delicious!

We were being good (for a change) and we didn't have a single drink all weekend so we drove home past the pub and got in our pjs for more cake boss on the sofa before bed.

Sunday was a more relaxing day and we had a lie in and headed to Meadowhall in Sheffield for more food and shopping! I've never been able to resist Victoria's secret, ever since I went in my first one in the USA a few years ago and now they are in the UK it's very dangerous for my bank account! I did buy the most beautiful pjs and bikinis though! 

Several hours and shopping bags later I had to say goodbye to Lauren as she headed back to Manchester and Jo as she headed back to London :( but it's not all bad as we already have our next meet-up planned (a road-trip down to london :D) and I had the best weekend with my best friends ever.

It's just nice to spend some quality time together! They've always been there for me and I don't think there is anything they don't know about me, and I love them all the more for it!

I hope you guys had a good weekend too, and sorry for the long text post! I've got to review the make-up the girls got me for my birthday so I promise you there will be lots of photos next time!

Love you all, Amylou x

No comments:

Post a Comment