Sunday 29 June 2014

Birthday make-up review!

Hey guys!

As I mentioned before I got some new make up for my birthday! I wanted to make sure i'd used it all a few times before I reviewed any of it so I could give a good honest opinion!


The first two products I got from my mama as she had just been to Florida for business and picked me up a couple of bits on the way back! :)


It's the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural powder in Light, and I just love it. It's my favourite powder but I always seem to run out when I won't have chance to go to MAC so I always end up just buying a cheaper one from Boots but I was so happy to be using this again! 

It's not too heavy and actually gives a bit of coverage on top of tinted moisturiser or foundation and gives a matte finish which I love because the shiny/dewy look does absolutely nothing for me and I look far better with a nice matte finish to my make up! :)


I'd tried this concealer before but only as a sample and I loved it. It's the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20 and goes perfectly with my Chanel foundation. It's quite heavy and thick, so you only need a tiny bit or you can look quite cakey quite easily (if you get what I mean) a bit like someone just spooned it on your face, not a good look. I tend to save this for days when I have big bags under my eyes (most days actually) or if my skin isn't looking great after too much sugar and not enough water! As you only need a tiny bit they last for ages, and I would definitely recommend it. Personally for me it's a bit heavy for every day use but it's perfect when you just want a little bit more coverage!

The rest of my new make up is from my best friends Lauren and Jo :)


This is the Kiss Me It's My Birthday set from bareMinerals. I love absolutely everything in this box. Everything. 



The mascara is the Lash Domination volumizing mascara in Intense Black and it's one of the best if not the best mascara i've ever had. The brush is twisted which helps separate lashes as you put it on and it doesn't make your lashes clump or stick together at all. I've been using it every day, and I think I might have to go and get another when it runs out! 


This is the Lasting Line long-wearing eyeliner in  Absolute Black. It isn't as pigmented as the YSL pencil liner that i've reviewed before, and so you need to put a bit more on if you want the intense black colour, but true to it's name, it is long lasting. I only every really use pencil liners in my waterline so it usually wears off after an hour or two, but this stayed on a few hours and if I wear it for a meal or a day out I don't have to touch it up which I think is pretty perfect, just what you want from an eyeliner!


I love this lip gloss. It's the Marvelous Moxie in Show Off. It's a pale pink when you put it on and it's quite thick. I'm not usually one for a thick lip gloss as I always get my hair caught in it with the wind! Luckily that hasn't happened yet! It also has a plumping effect, leaving your lips all tingly and making the perfect pout! I love when lip glosses make my lips all tingly and I love pink glosses/lipsticks, so this is a perfect addition to my make-up bag!


The last new addition to my make up bag is this set of 4 eyeshadows from MAC called Devilishly Dark. My favourite eyeshadows are neutrals and goldy browns (as seen by my love of the original Naked palette) and these eyeshadows are gorgeous. They are quite heavily pigmented, but not so much that you can't easily blend them, and the colours are lovely together. From left to right, top to bottom they are Manila Paper, Goldmine, Honey Lust and Devilishly Dark. The honey lust is my favourite, and i'm not ashamed to say i've worn it every single day since I got it!

Thank you for all your birthday well wishes, it means a lot! :)

Let me know if you have any of these products and what you think of them! I love them all!

With Love, Amylou x


2 comments:

  1. Oooh everything looks lovely!! I have a soft spot for bare minerals, they do have some gorgeous products, beautiful colours and everything looks great too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used bareMinerals before but I think I will do from now on! :) xx

      Delete