Wednesday 2 July 2014

Starting a diary, and actually keeping it.

Hey Guys! :)

So today I wanted to talk to you about something a bit different! Starting a diary, and actually keeping it up to date! Writing a diary is something i've started every year since I was about 8 years old, and i've failed with it every single year. Every christmas my grandad buys me a new diary and I must last a month if that, then I completely forget about it until about this time!

So I thought that I might actually just start one now. And make a conscious effort to keep it up. I don't have the best memory, so I think it would be good to keep up, and it's always something to look back on. 

The first problem is what kind?!

Do I get one with specific pages like an organiser diary? e.g. this one from Paperchase


Or do I get a notebook style journal? e.g. this one from Paperchase


(This isn't sponsored or anything I just really like paperchase haha)

I don't know which would be better! I'm swayed towards the second, as the first is convenient with the assigned pages but the second means no empty pages and if I want to write 3 pages on an exceptionally interesting day then I can!

Do any of you keep diaries? I was wondering what bloggers thought of them in general with regards to lifestyle blogging? Do you find it easier as you always have written down what you've been doing and where you've been going? Or does it make it harder as you've already written it down once?

I just don't know!

I'd love to know what you thought though! I think i'm going to have a look into it, especially with my trip to Mexico next week, I need to remember what i've been doing for when I want to look back on it! I'm going to try and upload posts whilst i'm away, depending on the internet, and how much my tablet likes the heat. I put screen size over practicality and so I just have a big desktop to write these posts on at home, not so good for travelling though so i'll be taking my Microsoft Surface with me.

If any of you have been reading my blog for a while you'll know if not good at spacing my posts out and not leaving big gaps, and when I do post more often than not they are just long rambles like this!

(sorry)

I will try to get better at blogging I swear!

But yeah, after that long tangent, let me know what you think!

Love you, Amylou x






No comments:

Post a Comment