Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mexico #3: Caporales

Hey guys!
So I thought i'd take this opportunity to tell you all about one of my favourite restaurants at the Moon Palace hotel in Cancun and it's called Caporales.

It's one of the few A La Carte restaurants as opposed to the buffet style, which I much prefer, just makes your meal feel that much nicer! It's also one of the few Mexican cuisine restaurants, and their fajitas are just delicious.


The whole style of the hotel is quite relaxed, so I put away my dresses for the night and opted for my spotty shorts and lace top! Still kept the heels though, just doesn't feel right without them!

You can't book the tables so you have to put your name on a waiting list and wait for a buzzer, but luckily the list was quite short when we arrived and so we waited inside the entrance area for our table, it had some pretty interesting characters hanging around!



The interior of the whole place is pretty different from the rest of the restaurants here, and I think that adds a lot to the charm of the place, such as wooden wheels on the ceiling and bright pictures on the walls



When sitting down the waiter brought all of us (over 18s) some melon margaritas and they were delicious, a new favourite of mine I think!


I decided to just have the one margarita and order some wine for the meal as tequila is pretty strong, and I don't want to be drunk before my food is even on the table! I've always been a fan of sweet rosé wine, but recently read somewhere that rosé is considered the wine of the immature! So I decided to give a white wine a try, and might as well go for a dry one! I thought it would be awful, but I decided to get the sauvignon blanc, one of my mum's favourites, and I actually loved it.


Then again I loved Baileys the first time I tried that, and now I think it's disgusting! But it is far more sophisticated to order a glass of white wine than my usual coke/Malibu and coke at the dinner table, so hopefully i'll grow to love it even more!

(not that sophisticated is a strong suit of mine, just last night I ordered chicken nuggets, fries and chocolate cake on room service for my tea! But I can pretend/dream)

The food here is also really really good.


This was my starter and it's actually just a bowl of melted cheese with onions and green peppers served with flour tortillas. They made it sound fancier than that, but that's what it was, and it was yummy! My favourite starter in the whole world is deep fried mozzarella in carozza, and although this wasn't mozzarella, it was still delicious!


This was my dads starter and I believe it was tortilla chips with shrimp and onions, i'm not a fan of seafood, but he assured me it was really good!


These were the best chicken fajitas ever. The only thing that could have made them better was ketchup, but I was pretending to be sophisticated, and I can't really drink my nice wine and then ask for ketchup to dip my fajitas in can I! haha. I'm extremely fussy and only put chicken and rice in my fajitas, no veg or sauces but they are still really good that way! Though it does mean I end up leaving a lot on my plate! :(

Really I just had a great time and felt like sharing some photos, the staff are all really friendly here but by far they were the nicest here, helping us with recommendations and changing the menu to accommodate my fussiness and my sister being a vegetarian (not something they really cater to much over here!).

If you are ever over in Moon Palace in Cancun, this really is a place to try, its easy to miss out with 15 restaurants, but I can assure you this one is worth it, after 7 days here I've already been twice!

Do you like Mexican food? What's your favourite?

Love Amylou x







No comments:

Post a Comment