Tuesday 22 July 2014

Mexico #4: La Trattoria

(I tried to post this a few days ago but it wouldn't upload on the hotel wifi for some reason! I'm not in Mexico anymore but i'm going to upload the rest of my posts as soon as I can!)

Hey guys,
So today we decided to stay out of the sun for a little bit (my tolerance for heat is actually appalling)  so i'm back in the hotel lobby and thought i'd tell you a bit about the restaurant I went to last night.



La Trattoria is located in the Golf Club at the Moon Palace resort and is the most formal of all the restaurants. It requires long trousers, collared shirts and closed toe shoes, though I would have expected that be the case for dinner in most places! But as everyone else would be dressed nice, I didn't think twice about pulling out my ted baker birthday dress!


It was quite quiet down at the golf club so we just had one drink (Sauvignon blanc because i'm just that grown up now :P) and headed to our table. I went back to drinking coke (I can only take so much sophistication afterall) and we started to look at the menu.
Before we could order, the best thing happened, they brought round dessert trolleys, only it wasn't dessert, it was cheese. Usually a cheese course comes at the end of the meal, but here they started with it, and it was really good! I have no photos of the cheese trolley though, sorry! Just take my word for it, it was goooood.
We ordered our food, and I couldn't wait for it to come, I was starving and it all sounded so good! I'll put a few photos of a couple of things we had below! :)

 Cream of Spinach and Tomato Soup
Lime Sorbet in between courses
 Tequila Sunrise (when in mexico...)
Tiramisu
 Black and White Chocolate Cake
Petit Fours
Overall it was pretty good, though this is the second place I've been to here that gives you a piece of meat (Chicken or steak) but it doesn't come with any sides, no potatoes, pasta or even veg, just the meat, I don't understand! I just must be greedy, but I at least like some vegetables with my meat! I didn't include any photos of the mains, because they didn't look too appealing in the photos!
What about you guys? Would you be surprised if you got a meal that was just meat with no sides? Or am I just being weird here? haha :)
Love Amylou x



Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment