Friday 25 July 2014

My Idea of a Perfect Date

Hey guys!

So I was recently reading the Londoner blog and a certain post about Date Night and it got me thinking to what would be my idea of a perfect date. I'm probably going to go off into dream world, and those who don't like soppy things, should probably stop reading now, i'm a true romantic at heart. Also, I realise this is all about me and my likes, but it's my perfect date right?! :)

I think i'd like my date to start exactly the way Rosie's did, with peonies and a note. 

I love peonies, they are my favourite flowers in the whole world. (Cue photos of the most beautiful flowers from Pinterest)



I also think leaving a note is not seen enough these days. It's too easy to just text someone that you'll pick them up at 6 or ring them, but there's just something so romantic about leaving flowers and note that makes a girl think, yeah you really do care. And it doesn't take much to make someone feel special, so you should do it every moment you can.

Next would be, what would I actually like the date to be?!

Whilst taking a girl out to dinner is nice, I think what would be my favourite would be if we both got dressed up (the note would say so ;) ) and then he had set up a table and chairs in the garden. With some cute little outdoor lights. Just the two of us. (again, photos from Pinterest)


We would be listening to my favourite music which would of course have to include my favourite song La Vie en Rose both the english and french versions, and then other songs with the same sort of feel that I love such as L-O-V-E (another all time favourite), Dream a little dream of me, sway, volare, that's amore (you get the idea) :)

The menu would be my all time favourite foods:

Mozzarella en Carozza
Chicken Parmigiana
Then either Banoffee Pie or Vanilla Creme Brulee (I can't pick a favourite!)

(Photos from Pinterest)

Which seems like it would be quite heavy, but dream dates only happen once right, so it's ok!

Would it be too cheesy to say i'd actually love it if a guy could teach me how to dance too? I'm not talking like modern dance or break dancing or anything, just a little traditional ballroom that would match the music (I realise i'm deep into my dream world here, but it would be pretty perfect).

Then we'd sit under the stars and watch my all time favourite movie Sweet Home Alabama on a big screen somewhere, or projected onto the side of a building or something. I don't know the logistics, but in my head it works haha.

And that would be it! :)

I think aside from the romantic side of the date, the perfect part would be the fact that they would think ahead, know how special flowers and note would make me feel (loving gestures are way better than anything money could buy) and the fact that they just knew all of my favourite things. That to me is just the best way to make me feel special, the fact that you actually listen and care enough to learn these things about me.

What would be your dream date be if it could be anything in the world? Would it be quiet and low key like mine, or would you like to taken across the world in a private jet to the best restaurant in Paris, or dine in the most beautiful hotel in London. Or a candle lit dinner in the Boathouse restaurant in Central Park New York?

Let me know in the comments! :)

Love Amylou x



Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment