Saturday 5 July 2014

Packing Weekend!

Hey Guys!

So if you're anything like me, packing for a holiday is actually quite stressful. It starts out fine, then you forget something or it doesn't all fit, and then it all just makes you stressed haha.

I thought i'd get on top of it this year and so I tried to do it yesterday (Friday) as I had the day off. I got everything out of the wardrobes and put into piles on my bed ready to go in, and then I packed everything except my dresses so they crease up the least amount possible!

However...

I lost my black heels. How anyone can lose a pair of shoes in their own house is beyond me, but I managed it. So now I have to do a mad rush to Meadowhall to get some! I also realised that I don't have a hat. I love massive straw hats, and they always have to be packed in a certain way. But I lost that too so I don't have one. So another reason to go to Meadowhall now! And an entire suitcase to repack! I hope it's not just me that does stuff like this!

I would usually be happy to go shopping, however the roads are shut on sunday as the Tour de France is going past the shopping centre so we have to get a train and everywhere is going to be so busy! Talk about stressful!

So today I decided to just take a few hours to chill and just do what I want so I got my mum to teach me how to french plait my hair (so far i'm still terrible) and I made some pizza dough so we could make our own pizzas and dough balls for dinner :)

I tried for ages but failed so my mum stepped in to show me how haha


This one was red pepper, red onion, mushroom, sweetcorn and spinach :) much more exciting than mine which was simply chicken and mozzarella! I didn't get a photo of mine before it was cut up, but I can assure you, it was delicious. 

I love making pizzas, it takes minutes and they are healthier and taste way better than ones you buy! You just need '00' grade plain flour (a personal preference but I much prefer it to other flours), yeast, salt and sugar and olive oil! With a bit of water to make it into a dough :)

Yummy!

Now it's time to sort everything out before our manic last minute trip to the shopping centre and re-packing! I'll try to post on Monday when we get to the hotel down in London!

Hope you've all had a good weekend! :)

With Love, Amylou x







4 comments:

  1. I'm like you... I find packing very stressful! It doesn't matter how early I start, I am always rushing around in a panic in the end! Also, that pizza looks really good! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stressful isn't it! I'm leaving in like 15 hours and i'm still no closer to being packed! Thanks it does doesn't it! (If I do say so myself haha) :) x

      Delete
  2. Your homemade pizzas look insanely good, definitely will try making my own! And I'm the same, I'm awful at french braids I've no idea what I do wrong but they never look right haha xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah you should they are delicious and you can have them just the way you like them! haha i'm glad i'm not the only one! I seem to be so much worse at doing my hair than everyone else! I will get there eventually though! Hopefully anyway! haha x

      Delete