Tuesday 16 September 2014

Christmas in September (sorry)

Hey guys!

I know it's only the 16th of September, but i've been talking a lot about Christmas at work and it's got me all excited and I need to share and I know it's almost as bad as hearing Christmas music when you're halloween shopping (if not worse) but you can always come back to this in December right?

That's going to be my excuse for this being ok in September anyway.

I don't know how we started talking about Christmas, I think it started with present ideas for birthdays coming up and we started to talk about stocking up early on Christmas presents. (I assure you, we are not as organised as we sound).

It just makes it easier if you can spread the cost over a longer period of time (or at least you can pretend that you're not spending as much!). This is my first single Christmas in 4 years, and it got me thinking, that's 9/10 less people to buy christmas presents for this year. Now am I going to be smart and put the extra money in my savings? (no). Am I going to be extra kind and spend more on my family? (no). Am I going to finally invest in entirely different Christmas decor for my room? (YES).

This year i'm going to be selfish and it's going to be amazing.

First up, bedding. (I'll leave links to all the products)


It's just cute, traditional and looks so cosy. Imagine this with a furry red blanket on the bottom, all snuggled up in your Christmas PJs (I personally go for a Reindeer onesie) with a hot chocolate and marshmallows, with Christmas TV on. Heaven.

At this point I should probably point out that my enthusiasm for christmas borders on Will Ferrell's Elf. And if you haven't watched Elf (watch it) then imagine a child that has been given about 20 red bulls and has been told they can have whatever they want from a sweet/candy shop. That's how excited I get.


This is one more chic and grown up than the last. I can't decide which theme would be better. This is gorgeous though, and could be used all through winter not just December, so you'd get more use out of it! I could still add a christmassy blanket/throw and it would be just as christmassy. 

I can see it's going to take me until December to actually decide what I want at this rate.

Next up, Accessories. 


It's only September and Matalan have released their christmas collection. Excellent. How cute are these blocks? Perfect for someone who gets as excited as me! It's not even the event of Christmas day, the excitement starts on the 1st of December when all the christmas songs start for me!


Don't get me wrong, I love advent calendars, and I still get one every year, but I think it would be so good to get one of these and fill it up with little treats like christmas themed make-up and beauty things that you can have try throughout december. And really, it's not like there is a shortage of chocolate in the house or at work around Christmas!


How adorable is this sign?! At only £3 really it's the best thing i've seen so far. I love slate, and I love handwritten quotes/lyrics. It's just perfect to hang on my door or my wall, and it's my favourite christmas song. I love love love it.


I used to put up a little Christmas tree in my room, but this year i'm in a smaller room and I don't know if one will fit, but if it does, I have to buy this bauble. How cute!



If there was ever a time for fairy lights, it is Christmas. You can turn off your lamps and your main lights and just read or watch christmas movies with the glow of fairy lights. It is so cosy and lovely and really my favourite time of year. 


My sister has a blue winter fleece blanket from Jack Wills and it is the snuggliest thing. I love this one from Amazon. Perfect for throwing over your bed to keep your feet warm or for snuggling up when it's a bit chilly. I love reindeer too. So cute.

So i'm getting a bit too into looking at Christmas things, and it is only September. But I just get carried away so easily! I promise next time my posts will be more about warm times and I won't mention Christmas again for at least 2 months!

Really my head was just filling up with ideas and I had to write them down!

I hope you are all having a good week, and i'm sorry that I already mentioned Christmas! 

Love Amylou x




*Update: I decided on the first bedding, and I got the blanket from the end too, but i'll wait for the christmas room blog until December I promise! haha*


No comments:

Post a Comment