Friday 19 September 2014

Etsy Quotes

Hey guys,

If you've been following my twitter accounts or have been on my Pinterest you'll know that I love quotes spreading positivity, confidence, and also my favourite song lyrics. I've found so many that I love over on Etsy that I thought i'd share them with you! 

I've been meaning to buy some for a while to put up in my bedroom and maybe one for my office but I just can't decide which ones to get there's so many!

I'll leave the links to buy each one under the photos, and these are my favourites ones (so far) :)

This quote by Mark Twain is sold by The Love Shop on etsy, and it's so lovely. You really should start each day with a positive attitude, that today could be the best day of your life. You can't have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can't have a bad day with a good attitude :)

This one is also sold by The Love Shop and is actually song lyrics from my favourite song 'La Vie en Rose' by Edith Piaf. It reads 'Quand il me prend dans ses bras, il me parle tout bas, je vois la vie en rose' which translates to 'when he takes me in his arms, he whispers me to, I see life in pink'. I love this song so much. I have since I was a little girl, and I heard it being played so much by street musicians in Paris and New York when i've been. Always puts a smile on my face :)

Once again sold by The Love Shop (can you sense my favourite shop yet?) this beautiful quote reads 'La vie est faite de petits bonheurs' which roughly translates to 'Life is made up of small pleasures'. I think it's important to surround yourself with people and messages that promote happiness and love. Even though life can seem hard sometimes, it really is a wonderful thing and you should make the most of every moment.

This one is sold by Paperchat on Etsy and I really like it. Unfortunately it doesn't match any of my decor that I already have, but if I was to redecorate I would definitely want to get this. I could look for it in other colours though! My 3 favourite things to do, Eat, anything to do with love, and blog :)

This one is sold by NeueGraphic and it's one to think about. I'm not an angry person, I never have been. I have a lot of patience and I think i've only ever been truly truly angry about 3 times in my life, and that's not bad for 22. (All of those have been this year, but that's not the point! haha). A lot of people get angry very quickly over things that really don't matter. When you are angry, all you are doing is stopping yourself from being happy. So I think having a quote like this to look at would be good for when those moments arise. I'm not massively fond of the font of this one, but the message is important :)

This is sold by VinylCrafts on Etsy. People have skills in different areas and not everyone learns the same and not everyone was destined to do the same things. There are so many different things out there to be good at, and I think sometimes it's easy to forget that and be disheartened when someone else does something better than you. I think this would be especially lovely in a house with children, it's a message people should grow up believing.


'It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities' - Albus Dumbledore

'We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy' - Albus Dumbledore

'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light' - Albus Dumbledore

I love these three. The best quotes are often found in books and you don't even realise how lovely the messages are until you go back and read them again.

From ColourscapeStudios. I think this is actually so true. You can say what you want about 'actual' magic, but if you think of magic as a little sparkle that you believe in, the magic that is love, happiness, wonderful things that happen that you can't explain, even the magic of christmas, I really do believe in magic. As a child most of us believe in magic, and it's such a shame that people 'grow up' and forget that.

So that was just a few of my favourite quotes! Have you got any quotes or song lyrics up in your home? What's your favourite quote?

As ever, I hope you are all doing wonderfully.

Love Amylou x



No comments:

Post a Comment