Thursday 25 September 2014

The Ultimate Pamper Night

Hey guys!

When you're feeling stressed or anxious there's nothing better than a little pamper night to soothe your troubles away, and I thought i'd just share with you a few of my favourite things to do to unwind!

In my opinion you can't have a pamper night without the bubbliest of baths.


Now that's not my bathroom, but can you imagine being up to your ears in bubbles with the only light in the room coming from the fire?! How relaxing would that be! Serious bathroom envy. (Though i'm sure you could get the glow with candles, it just isn't the same!)


This is my favourite bath cream/bath milk (whichever you prefer to call it!). It's from Imperial Leather and is the Japanese Spa scent. I've tried so many different bath milks but this by far has the most relaxing scent. It has green tea, rice milk and jasmine and is divine. So i'd definitely need this in my bath!

The next would of course be some relaxing music to go with it! Obviously everyone has their own idea of what they like to listen to when they want to relax but my favourite songs to listen to when I feel stressed are:

1. L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
2. Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Michael Buble
3. Maestro - Hans Zimmer
4. La Vie En Rose - Louis Armstrong (Edith Piaf's version is also lovely but there is just something about Louis Armstrong's voice that's calming!)
5. Dawn - Jean-Yves Thibaudet
6. On An Evening In Roma - Dean Martin
7. Better Together - Jack Johnson
8. Realise - Colbie Caillat (or really anything off her Coco album!)
9. Everything - Michael Buble

Really the weirdest mix of songs, and I probably wouldn't listen to them all together, but they are the most played on my calm/relaxing list of songs! :)

Then of course you need face masks and moisturisers!


I would recommend the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque every time. It makes your skin so soft! I love it.

I have 3 moisturisers that I'm loving at the minute:


These all smell amazing. The clinique one is really thick and just feels so nice, I love how all the Sanctuary Spa products smell and the last one reminds me of my holidays as I always get coconut scented sun creams! 

Then after all that, it's time to get into some super soft comfy pjs, get your fluffy slippers on and curl up with a hot chocolate with all the toppings and watch something girly, or just read a book and relax :)


I wish I was doing this tonight now after writing this! But I have brownies to bake for a Macmillan Coffee Morning tomorrow! :)

What do you guys like to do to relax?

All my love, Amylou x



2 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect! :L For me, I love to listen to a bit of music and do some drawing to chill out (although occasionally I make a big mistake when drawing and that's not relaxing - just extremely irritating!)
    Pyjamas, fluffy slippers and hot chocolate make for a perfect evening.
    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! that sounds good to me! I used to love drawing, I did art as an A Level and although very stressful there is just something calming about sketching when it's going your way! PJs and fluffy slippers are always a must! I always make sure I get some chocolate wafer straws in for my hot chocolates too! :)

      xxx

      Delete