Friday 12 September 2014

My latest obsession: Kiehl's

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while! I've been ill for about 10 days now, so it's been hard finding motivation to do anything! Apart from a quick trip to manchester and 2 days at work, i've pretty much just been sleeping, so I thought it was time to change that and drag myself into my office and write some blog posts in the hope that it kick starts me into feeling better!

Something i've been wanting to tell you about for a while now is my new obsession with Kiehl's. If you've met me before you'll know I have a pretty addictive nature, when I find something I love, I have to either listen to it until I hate it, wear it until I practically live in it, or buy everything associated with it (bank account permitting obviously).

I turned 22 just under 3 months ago, and as a treat me and my best friends went into York for a little shopping day. My friend Joanna was telling me how much she loved Kiehl's and I needed a moisturiser for my holiday to Mexico, so I went in and bought this:


Since then, my collection has gone from one travel-sized moisturiser, to this:



Which in just over 2 months, and considering the nearest Kiehl's is about 30-45 minutes drive away, is a little crazy.

But when you find the best, what other option do you have?! 

I'm not going to go into details about all of it, because i'm sure you have other things to do today, so i'll just tell you about my favourite 4 things from my collection :)

The first has to be the original moisturiser that I bought


This stuff is amazing. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and my face feels so soft afterwards! You only need to use a tiny bit, and so this bottle is still half full from june and I use it twice a day! The travel sized bottle (75ml) that i've got is currently £17 on the Kiehl's website so I think that's pretty good value! The only thing I would say is make sure you don't get it in your eyes, because it hurts. I've found this out the hard way at least 4 times now haha.

My next favourite is actually the second thing I ever bought from there and it's the clay masque:


Called the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque with Amazonian White Clay, it's literally the best face mask i've ever used (hence why there's two haha). You apply it to damp skin and let it harden for around 7-9 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. It softens again as soon as the water touches it so it is really easy to remove. You can see it sink into your pores and so you feel like you are really getting a deep clean. And your skin is so so soft after using it. Absolutely love this. The 125ml pots that I have are currently £21.50 each on the Kiehl's website which some might think is pricey when you can buy face masks for £1 in boots, but I just think that it's important to be careful when using face products, and Kiehl's are careful about what they use in their products. Plus it's nice to get something special for pamper nights!

My third favourite is a face wash:


The Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash is actually a gel that foams when you use it. It is soap free so it doesn't dry out your skin and it doesn't hurt your eyes. Which is so good. I've been using it as a makeup remover, as it has no soap you can rub your eyes and get rid of all of your makeup and it removes it easily and much faster than most cleansers i've tried. It also doesn't make your skin feel tight and again, makes your skin feel so soft. (I'm sure you get that Kiehl's has made my skin soft by now haha). The 230ml bottle that I have is currently £22 on the Kiehl's website but considering that it can be used as both a make-up remover and a face wash, I think that's really quite reasonable! I love it, and will definitely be buying more when this runs out!

My final favourite is the best lip balm ever:


This is the Mango scented lipbalm #1 and i'm not sure if they always do Mango or if they change the scents as the website only shows mango but i've seen vanilla and cranberry in photos too. Either way, this is amazing. You only need to use a tiny bit and it lasts for ages. It doesn't leave any white colouring on your lips which i've found some of these style lip balms can, and it isn't sticky or slimy, it's just such a nice texture. I think for me the best part though is the Mango scent. It isn't overpowering, but it just smells divine. I use it every single day and always make sure it's in my handbag! This one is currently out of stock on the website (but i've linked it for if it comes back!) but i've seen some recently in the shops for £9.50. 

So that's just a few of my favourite Kiehl's items! Do you use anything from Kiehl's? What would you say is your favourite?

Hope you're all having a good friday! :)

Love Amylou x






4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before but it sounds pretty good. Think I might have to have a look for my closest shop.
    Great post.

    Faye
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it! They have consultants in the stores to help you find which products would best suit you as well which is great! :) Thank you! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Everything sounds gorgeous, I can't actually remember if I've used anything from Kiehls which is weird but I've been reading reviews on different items and everything sound so nice! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I would really recommend it! :) xxx

      Delete