Monday 29 September 2014

Spontaneous Shopping Haul

Hey guys!

So I know I said on my twitter that I wasn't going to have time to blog this week, but I just had to make time as i'm too excited about my new christmas dresses. I talk about christmas a lot, but it's october on wednesday, so it's sort of close? ish? maybe not.

I took my grandma to Meadowhall in Sheffield this afternoon to get my sister an 18th birthday present, but whilst I was there I just had to have a sneaky look in Coast, and it was the best decision ever. I found the two most perfect christmas dresses.

The first one is called the Finale Crepe Dress - Link



I love love love it. It's a smart dress but doesn't go as far as being fancy enough for a ball, so it's perfect for christmas parties and nice meals out with the girls and my family, it also seems like the perfect date dress for the christmas season! It fits so beautifully and it's so comfy which is perfect as christmas parties are all about the food and drink after all! I fell in love as soon as I put it on, and the sales assistant told me she thought the dress was made for me (I understand she gets paid to say nice things to make me buy it, but i'm a sucker for a compliment and I fell for it and bought it). No regrets.

The second dress is called the Sarah Maxi Dress - Link




So beautiful. This one is a bit fancier, and is perfect for those special christmas parties and balls around new year! This one is also quite comfy, though slightly more difficult to walk in with heels as the train gets a little caught! So worth having to be more careful though, it's so soft and lovely, and really i'm just repeating myself but I love it. It reminds me a little bit of the dress Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's and I love it so much!

After reading lots of beauty blogs I also decided to invest in some new make-up brushes:


These are the Expert Face Brush and the Stippling Brush from Real Techniques by Sam and Nic Chapman. I've been reading a lot of good things about these brushes and I can't wait to try them tomorrow!

Because I'm also developing a christmas hoarding obsession weirdly early this year, I also got this lovely bunting from Next (link)



The last thing I got that I want to show you is a new eye mask (there's only so long I can use the stash of free virgin atlantic ones!) and it feels so soft. 


It's from EcoTools (link) and is seriously the softest eye mask i've ever had. I never used to have problems sleeping but in the past few months I don't seem to be able to sleep without an eye mask on! I used to need ear plugs too but i've managed to get over that one! I'm still a super light sleeper and wish I could get back to being a heavy sleeper but at least it means I get up in the mornings I guess! :)

Have you guys even thought about buying christmas clothes yet? What sort of thing do you like to wear? Have you tried the Real Techniques brushes?

So many questions!

As always,
All my love,

Amylou x




4 comments:

  1. I love the maxi dress. It looks gorgeous on you! I keep meaning to get myself some real techniques brushes but I'm trying to decide between getting them or Zoeva brushes hmmm...

    Faye
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love it too :D I found it really hard to decide too! But I thought i'd try these as I could get them in a shop I was already going to, and next time i'll probably try the Zoeva ones, can never have too many! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses look gorgeous!
    I would love to try Real Technique brushes, but I think they're so expensive! WHY ARE MAKEUP BRUSHES SO EXPENSIVE?! :L
    Hannah | The Crafty Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) They are quite pricey aren't they! Boots were having a 3 for 2 offer on and I needed the eye mask so thought I'd just start with two seeing as one would be free, so it's sort of like half price? That's what I tell myself anyway! :)

      xxx

      Delete