Sunday 21 September 2014

The Autumn Tag

Hey guys!

So I was recently reading The Autumn Tag over on the Makeup Savvy blog (link) and decided that I would do it too! :) so here goes!

1. Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?

I think really as soon as it starts to get chilly I just get addicted to hot chocolates from Starbucks and Costa. The ultimate hot chocolates with all the extras such as whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and marshmallows are so good, then you add the vanilla or caramel shots and you've really got a winner. No to mention a massive sugar high if you add even more sugar like me!

2. Accessories - what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?

I have so much love for scarves and boots, but I really can't deal with gloves. I live in my pashminas and wooly scarves when it drops cold, and i'm already in my ankle boots. I have a pair of above knee/thigh high boots that I wear with my leggings/tights and dresses in winter and I love them so much, though they do hurt my ankles a little as they have zips that go from the bottom almost to the top but no pain no gain! haha. I also have the softest ear muffs ever that I bought from Harrods about 2 years ago, and they really are the most amazing things. I need to get them out, I hope I didn't lose them!

But gloves. I can't do gloves. They make my hands too warm and it's like a weird claustrophobic thing. I know it's weird, but I just can't deal with it haha.

3. Music - what's your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?

I don't think I listen to anything particularly different in Autumn! Though I do watch more films and so I like to listen to the songs that are in those films! I get quite into the musical scores of Pride and Prejudice (Dawn and Georgiana are my faves) and The Holiday (Maestro is so beautiful) but other than that I think it stays the same! The pop music taste of a twelve year old mostly with a bit of big band/jazz. Which is a pretty odd mix really! (Think Taylor Swift followed by Dean Martin and Nat King Cole with a bit of Pharrell Williams at the end haha) But come winter (especially december, my music taste changes a LOT, especially to Michael Buble)

4. Perfume - what's your favourite scent for this time of year? 

This is a tricky one! For the past few years I think i've mostly worn the Hollister So Cal cologne in Autumn, though I still wear a lot of my girly perfumes too. I stopped buying So Cal since I moved out of my old house though, and I gave my last bottle away, so I'll be on the lookout for a new Autumn perfume this year! Loving the Victoria's Secret Night perfume though, so maybe i'll just keep wearing that!

5. Candles - what scents will you be burning this season?

I actually don't burn candles in this house! But I love the smell of all the candles they release at this time of year. and they look so lovely. 

6. What do you love most about Autumn?

There are so many wonderful things about this time of year. The beautiful oranges of the trees, the crisp mornings when you have to wrap up to go on walks. I was lucky enough to live near the Lake District for the past 3 Autumns and going for walks when the leaves have turned and you're all wrapped up is just so peaceful and beautiful. I would really recommend a trip! And of course cosying up with blankets and hot chocolates watching Autumn TV! Such as Downton Abbey which is starting tonight! (love it).

7. Favourite makeup look?

I love smoky eyes and plum lipsticks for this time of year. I'm actually considering dying my hair a red/plum colour for this autumn! The last time I dyed it dark was autumn as I attempted to go blonde by myself at uni and it did not go well, so black it was! But yeah, deep red and purple lipsticks are so perfect for this time of year. Can't wait to add to my collection!

*Update I did actually dye my hair, and it's now a purpley-cherry red. I can't get a good photo of the colour but there is one over on my instagram! (link below) and I love it, even though it's making outfit choices a bit more difficult!*

8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?

This Autumn i'm looking forward to spending time with my family. I'll be spending a bit of time up at uni too so i'll still be able to go for my walks in the Lake District which i'm excited about. I'll have to make sure I remember my camera! A lot of celebrations with friends coming up too, Halloween as a tradition is always done in Lancaster and then my best friends Joanna and Lauren are both turning 23 in the next couple of months so lots to look forward to! Also, Autumn means more sunday roasts. And who doesn't love a sunday roast. Not to toot my own horn, but I make the best Yorkshire Puddings and Gravy and I can't wait to start making it again.


Thanks to Fee over on the makeup savvy blog (link to her answers) for posting this tag, and I hope whoever reads this might give it a go too! Let me know in the comments if you do and i'll come over and read it! :)

As ever, with all my love, Amylou x

No comments:

Post a Comment