Thursday 18 September 2014

Music Festivals

Hey guys,

Now that we can put all of that Christmas blogging in September nonsense behind us, I wanted to talk about a couple of festivals that I would love to go to.

At 22 years old, i've never been to a festival ( I know, i'm a disgrace) but i'm not a fan of being dirty, and whilst being covered in mud might be all fun and games during the day, I really can't deal with not being able to have a proper shower!

So I decided to look up some festivals that I would love to go to, and hopefully i'll pick one and go next year, if not my last year of uni then when!

The first one i'd love to go to is Wakestock in Abersoch, Wales.


Wakestock is Europe's largest wakeboard music festival, so as well as listening to the music, there is also loads of watersports to watch, which just makes it so much better. Abersoch is also beautiful, i've been camping there before and it is so lovely, and the beaches are so nice, definitely one to consider. Last years line-up included Tom Odell, Frank Turner, John Newman, Razorlight and loads of others!

Another festival incorporating watersports is Boardmasters in Newquay, in Cornwall, England.


This festival actually sounds and looks pretty amazing. It's a music festival but it also incorporates Surfing competitions, as well as Skate and BMX competitions. It is held on both Fistral Beach and Watergate Bay. It has been a long time since i've been to Cornwall, but this festival could be just the reason to go back! Last years line up included Chase and Status, Snoop Dogg, Bastille, Zane Lowe and loads of other amazing bands. The more I write about this, the more I want to go.

The one festival that I would go to at the drop of a hat (if I could afford it) would be Coachella in California.


First off, the weather in California is just so much better. Secondly, the acts they've had headline in the past include Coldplay, Oasis, Muse, Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, Outkast, seriously some amazing bands that i'd love to see. The tickets aren't necessarily the problem, its the whole getting to America and then finding a hotel that makes the prices add up! Hopefully one day i'll be able to go though!


Only a short one today, but I was just looking at some festivals and thought, you know what, I need to go to one next year!

What's your favourite festival? Have you ever been to any of these three?

Love Amylou x




No comments:

Post a Comment