Tuesday 15 April 2014

A new recipe?

Hey guys,

If any of you follow me on instagram, you'll know how much I love baking (a lot), however you might also know how much I love to visit new places (hot places, bikini weather places), and in twelve weeks i'll be going to Mexico. Cancun to be precise! and so maybe now isn't the best time to be making (amazing) chocolate brownies or (the best) mars bar cake!

(sorry i'm getting a little too excited with my brackets)

So I decided i'd try to make up (or maybe it's already out there somewhere) a healthy-ISH cookie recipe. I've heard that you can replace butter in your baking for banana in equal parts, which makes them slightly healthier. Then i'm not really sure what the bad part about eggs is? but you can replace them with ground flax seeds and water, which I think is meant to be a lot better for you?

Then i'll be using a sugar substitute (i'll ask my sister for advice as she is studying food technology at the moment for her A-Levels). I could use almond flour instead of plain flour, but i'm not sure if that will make them taste too nutty? Then for an entirely unhealthy part i'm going to add either toffee chips or toffee flavour chips so that they taste like banoffee!

That was a whole load of questions! As you can probably tell, i'm not tooo sure how it's going to work out! But i'm all for giving things a go! :) 

If it goes well, i'll put my final recipe up on here, along with some photos. If it doesn't, well then i'll still put up the photos, but i'll just tell you how terribly they turned out instead! :)

Let me know any ideas you have for making normal recipes into healthier recipes, and what healthy treats you like to snack on!

Much Love, Amylou x

No comments:

Post a Comment