Saturday 26 April 2014

April Favourites

Hey guys,

My blogging hiatus lasted a long time didn't it! I thought i'd treat myself to a little break seeing as it's Saturday night! As it's getting close to the end of April I thought i'd share with you the products that i've been loving most this month!

First up is something that I never knew I needed until I bought it. My eyebrow brush.


I know the MAC 266 is isn't the brow brush (208) but it's pretty much the same shape, and just a bit bigger so I can use it for my eyeliner too when I feel like using an eyeshadow as a liner. I used to use a pencil to lightly highlight my eyebrows, and thought it was sufficient but using a brush is just so much better and this one really has been perfect! It allows you to give your eyebrows a defined line, without it looking like you've just drawn them on. I only bought it a couple of days ago but I really do love it, and i'll definitely be using it for months to come!

Next is something a bit different, my favourite shampoo and conditioner. 


I used to just buy the Tresemme shampoo and conditioners as they did their job without drying my hair or making it feel greasy which a lot of products do, and also came in big bottles meaning I didn't have to buy them often (how lazy is that!) but my mum recently bought this Shampoo and Conditioner from the OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy range and swears by it, so thought i'd give them a try, and I really couldn't believe the difference! I always just shampoo my hair twice quickly, and then for my conditioner I always spend a good 4-5 minutes massaging it into my scalp then I leave it for another 5 minutes before rinsing it out. After using these my hair smells amazing, and it leaves it in the best condition it's ever been in! I so silky and shiny, and it's even made my hair feel a bit thicker. I cannot recommend this enough, and I don't think i'll ever use a different range again! The only place in the UK (As far as i'm aware) that stocks these is Boots but if you're in the USA they sell them everywhere! :)

Along the same lines is another favourite of mine. This time shower gels/exfoliators.


At £15 each these were a little more expensive, however they are also 2 for £18 so really only £9 each. However, they smell INCREDIBLE. I've always been a fan of victoria's secret and their perfumes and until recently I hadn't tried their beauty products from the PINK range, I love the smell of the PINK wild and breezy though so I thought i'd give these a try. When you first squeeze them out of the bottles they come out as an exfoliating gel but then after a few seconds they start to lather up into a foamy soap. Which is perfect as it's two products in one! I really love the smell and although they are a little more pricey than the usual body wash/exfoliator they are a combined product and personally, I think they are worth it! (as you can probably tell by the fact i've had them two weeks and the blue one is almost gone!) Even though victoria's secret has stores open in the UK, you can't buy their products online from the UK (unless you want to pay for international shipping from the USA) so i'd recommend just popping into a store the next time you see one rather than buying it online!

One final product that i've been loving this month is my Juicy Couture perfume


I got this as a present from my boyfriend's sister for Christmas but i've only recently started wearing it everyday, and I wish i'd started sooner! The smell is really light and sweet, perfect for a summer's day! The fragrance is really light and i'm always complimented on it when I'm wearing it! As it is an Eau de Parfum rather than an Eau de Toilette you only need to spray a small amount and the fragrance whilst not being overpowering lasts all day and is just amazing really, there isn't much more to it than that! Whilst I couldn't find it for sale on the Juicy Couture website, I did find it on the Debenhams website!

These are just a few products that i've been loving this month!

What have been your favourite things this April?

Love, Amylou x



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are so useful! Can't believe I didn't get a brow brush before! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love make-up brushes however with MAC I have seen after a lot of use and washing them they end up getting a bit horrible which is such a shame!!

    I hope yours will last a lot longer than mine haha!

    Looking forward to more posts!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk - Hope we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame! I've not had mine very long but I hope that doesn't happen! Would you recommend any other brand to use instead?

      Thanks very much! :)

      Delete