Friday 2 May 2014

6 Things I'm Thankful For

Hey everyone!

As I was driving home from Uni today after my exam, and the sun was shining, I thought to myself I really do have a lot to be thankful for, and as this is a place of sharing, I thought i'd share just 6 things that i'm really thankful for. I know there are obviously a lot more, but this is just a start!

1. MY EXAMS ARE OVER
This seems a little bit like a silly one. But the stress that exams cause me is ridiculous. I have no idea why, nothing else every stresses me out that much! It's like I go into a little bubble and I don't to talk to anyone until it's all over. Not good. But today I finished my last exam for my first year of my Masters, so no more until this time next year! Now I just get to enjoy the summer, get on with my job and write my dissertation in the sunshine. (or most likely shut up in my study).

2. My amazing parents and a happy childhood.


Though you may not believe it, I was actually cute and blonde once upon a time. A loving family is not something that should ever be taken for granted. I speak to parents every single day, whether it be in person, a phone call, skype or a text. I'm almost 22 and not a day goes by when i'm not thankful for everything they have given me. Being a parent isn't always easy, and I think it's important that our parents know how much we love and appreciate them. 

3. My wonderful little sister
Cue another family photo (i've been looking through the albums)


Since day one i've loved her to bits, we've never really had a fight and i'm the proudest big sister ever. She has achieved higher grades than I did in every year of school, passed her driving test on her first try at 17 (it took me 3 attempts and I was almost 19 when I passed) and just this week found out in the summer as work experience she will get her chef whites to work with a pastry chef at a michelin star restaurant, whilst studying for her A-Levels. As you can tell, I love to tell people about her, she makes me proud and I couldn't ask for a more wonderful sister.

4. My incredible boyfriend.

I won't make it too mushy, but there are literally not enough words to tell you how much I love my boyfriend. We've been through a lot together in the last 3 and a half years, and I honestly don't know what i'd do without him. He makes me happier than i've ever been, and even though we have lived together for almost 3 years, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't get butterflies i'm so excited to see him. He's always been there for me, and i'll always be there for him.

5. My beautiful, beautiful best friends.


These two girls, Lauren and Jo, are the best girls ever. We all met within the first month of starting uni together, stayed friends throughout, graduated together, and we still speak every day. We've seen a lot, and we've done a lot, with memories to last a lifetime. These girls make me laugh harder than anyone, and I can't imagine spending my life without them. I'm thankful that I have them in my life, and I know they always will be.

6. You Guys!
I'm especially grateful to anyone and everyone who reads these blogs. It's only a little place for me to share my thoughts and things I love but 12 of you are following my blog on bloglovin and over 1,000 of you have read my posts which puts a massive smile on my face. I started this blog just to make little memories and have something to look back on when i've been wondering what i've spent all my time doing, and the fact that you read it makes it even more special. If you read my blog, or want to leave a comment, if you leave a link or the web address to your blog i'll pop on over as I love seeing what you're all up to and sharing too! :)

I could make a list that goes on forever with everything that i'm thankful for, but I thought i'd just share these 6 with you. It's important that we are thankful for what we have, and that we learn to appreciate the little things!

What are you all thankful for? :)

Love, Amylou x


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! People should really show how grateful they are more often :) & by the way, your dungarees in the first photo are ADORABLE! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree everyone should be grateful more! Haha thanks, I wish I could still pull them off as well! X

      Delete
  2. Aw I love how much of a happy post this is! It's really made me think what I am grateful for too :)
    xxx

    www.hannahcoroner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice sometimes to just think of how lucky we are! Definitely cheers me up on a bad day!
      :) xxx

      Delete