Thursday 15 May 2014

A Wonderful Weekend

Hey! :)

I had the best weekend in Kirkby Lonsdale this past weekend so I thought i'd share my walk from Saturday morning with you! I've had the pleasure of living in kirkby lonsdale for a while and it really is one of the most beautiful little towns! I don't know if many of you watched a program called Jamaica Inn on the BBC a few weeks back but the village filmed was kirkby lonsdale and other than a few store fronts and the mud, nothing was really added! If you get the chance you should go! There is a beautiful short walk you can do if you walk past the church and down the steps to devil's bridge and that's where my photos are from! :)







These two pictures at the end are of the radical steps in kirkby lonsdale, they were built in 1819 by Francis Pearson (bit of history for you there) and there are 86 of them. Now you might be thinking 86 steps is really quick and easy to get up! Did you know that if steps aren't even most people trip or take a lot longer to get up them? Well the spacing on these steps ranges from a step that only childs foot would fit on, to steps that are actually really steep. But that's what makes them so nice I think, they are old and they haven't been evened out so they still have character which fits in well with the town!

It's one of my favourite places to go! Have you ever been to kirkby? What's your favourite place to go for a walk?

Love, Amylou x


2 comments:

  1. Really pretty pictures, I love how you've photographed this :)
    New blog follower here, would love if you'd have a little look at mine toooo x
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Thanks for following! Of course i'll come over and have a look at your blog! :) x

      Delete