Friday 16 May 2014

The Graduate College Summer Ball

Hey there! :)

I told you yesterday about how much I loved last weekend, but last weekend was also the graduate college summer ball up at Lancaster. I wanted to make a separate post about it, as it was a really good night! 

This photo was taken by the lovely Lucy Lamb and you can visit her photography page here :)
The ball signalled the end of exams (for most!) and the beginning of masters dissertations and phd upgrade panels! It was nice for everyone to get together! The ball was organised by the postgraduate board and they did an amazing job with over 150 people attending!

This year I was the chair of the board but I had to step down to focus on home matters and course commitments so the board planned a lovely surprise for me in the form of chocolates and flowers!



I don't know if any of the board will read this but if you do, it was a pleasure working with you!

I'm quite the emotional sort so inevitably I was having to hold back tears at how happy and surprised I was! 
Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that people do appreciate what you do, and though I often felt like I wasn't achieving much and got frustrated with it, it's nice to know they appreciated me trying! :)


I wore one of my favourite dresses to the ball. I'm usually more of a gown type girl when it comes to balls but it was a summer ball and I was driving, so this just seemed far more practical! It's from Rare London and it's just so floaty and nice! The bag is from accessorize and my shoes new look! I would post links but it's all at least a year old so I don't think they sell them anymore! My jewelry is breil/tiffany/pandora and are mostly charm bracelets (which I love) :) 

I'm not sure really what you'll take from this post! I think it's probably more for me than you, sorry! I just thought that it was really sweet and so I thought i'd share it! 

How did you spend your weekend? :)

Love, Amylou x




6 comments:

  1. Your dress looks lovely! I love the whole outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! We really love the dress especially the fact that it looks like a skirt and top in one!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I love it too! I love that it's a fitted top and a floaty skirt :) xx

      Delete
  3. So pretty!! Love the pictures :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete