Saturday 24 May 2014

Make-up and accessories haul!

Hey!

I seem to be starting these things way too often with an apology! Whilst I try to write as often as I can, life keeps seeing to get in the way!

In my absence however I went for a little shopping trip! I spent a good 4 or 5 hours girly shopping with my sister, so I thought i'd show you my favourite things that I just bought! :)



 So this first one could be cheating, whilst I did buy it this weekend, it's actually for my birthday which is in a couple of weeks, so I'm not allowed to keep it just yet, isn't it pretty though! I've been using the sleek palette which is quite similar but I love the naked range by urban decay so I thought i've give their flushed palette a try! I got this one from Debenhams and it was £22 :)

If you spend £50 in debenhams at the minute you get 500 bonus beauty points, so it would have been rude not to buy something else! The search led to these lovely new YSL products :)


I've been looking for a felt tip-style eyeliner, and I've heard good things about the soap and glory one, however boots is at the opposite side of meadowhall (shopping centre) to debenhams and so I went on the search for a similar product and came across the Shocking False Eyelash Effect eyeliner from YSL, i've already used it twice and I honestly don't know why i've been struggling with a paint pot and brush for so long, when these eyeliners make it so much easier! This one was £25 from the Yves Saint Laurent counter at Debenhams :) which is a bit pricey for an eyeliner, but I think you have to be really careful what you put on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin! 

That didn't bring the total quite to £50 and that's when the assistant at the YSL counter pointed out their new mascara gift set. Which includes a full size luxurious mascara and a mini eyeliner pencil and their best selling lipstick. The lipstick is a deep red and so adorable, it's about half the size of the regular lipstick and so fits perfectly into your handbag! The mini pencil is also ideal for sticking in your bag for any last minute touch ups! The whole set was £24.50 which I thought was really good as that is the same price as buying the mascara alone! You can get it online here :)

One last thing I got from debenhams was this brush shampoo from Bare Minerals

I've always just used my shampoo but when I saw this I wondered if it would make any difference, and I was very pleasantly surprised! (If not a little disgusted at how much make up it actually pulled off my brushes) I put a few drops into a bowl of warm water and let my brushes soak in it for about 5 minutes, they seemed even better than new, really soft too! It was £10 from bareMinerals at Debenhams which again could seem a bit much but I loved it, and i'll definitely be buying it again when it runs out!


I decided it was time to step away from debenhams then! And moved onto next and topshop! I love the colour mint green, and so when I found this bag I instantly fell in love!


At only £22 from Next I just had to buy it, it matches so many different colours and will go great with all the new pastel clothes i've bought for the summer! I would go on, but I don't think I really need to say much more!

I did get a few new outfits but i'm terrible at photographing clothes so i'll have to show you those in a lookbook/ootd type post(s)! I've been having a super stressful time at home so it was just nice to have a day with my sister not thinking about much and having a girly lunch/shop/pamper day! 

What do you like to do to chill out? Have you tried any of the products that I bought? Would love to know what you thought of them!

Much love, Amylou x



disclaimer - all products were purchased by myself with my own money and all views are entirely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment