Monday 5 May 2014

Dirty Works Detox Mask

Hey there!

So for a while i've been reading about clay masks and how good they are at detoxifying and clearing your skin. I've been wanting to try the KORA Organics clay purifying mask but thought before I do i'd try a cheaper clay mask first! The KORA one is £38 so wanted to make sure I actually liked the style of the mask first!

I was doing my weekly shop in sainsbury's when I saw the Dirty Works Berry Berry Detox Mask.


The product says: 'Get ready to let your skin GLOW with new radiance! An INTENSIVE-ACTION face mask to deep cleanse and replenish your skin. With superfruit extract of Blueberry, skin clearing Willow Bark and detoxifying Green Clay and Kaolin to help draw impurities from your skin leaving it fresh and glowing!'

The mask was really easy to apply but you do need to use a fair amount as it can go on quite thin if you don't. It started to harden after about a minute so you have time to finish putting it on before it starts to set!


I didn't go too close to my hairline as i've used different masks that have set before and it hurts to get it out of your hair! But this one didn't so I might go closer to my hairline next time! 

You put the mask on and leave it to set for 10 minutes, by the end of the 10 minutes you really can't move your face, I was trying to smile in the photo above and I could hardly move! After 10 minutes you either rinse with warm water or use a damp cloth. As soon as you put water onto the mask it softens again into a liquid so is really easy to remove. It did take a while to wash off though so halfway through I ended up getting a flannel and using that to get the rest off!

Afterwards my skin felt super soft, and although I didn't notice a difference in my skin clarity it still felt nice so it will still be a good treat now and again! My face did start to feel a bit tight afterwards though so I had to use a little more moisturiser than usual! This led to my face being a little oily in the morning afterwards but after a quick cleanse and tone it was back to normal.

Overall, I didn't notice a spectacular difference in how clear my skin is, but it definitely made my skin feel a bit softer so for only £5 for a 100ml bottle I think it would be great just as a pamper treat when you feel like something special!

If you want to have a look at the mask or any other dirty works products you can get them at Sainsbury's here :)

Have you ever used a clay mask before? What did you think?


Love, Amylou x



disclaimer - I purchased this product myself, and all views are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment