Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Liebster Award :)

Hey everyone! :)
 Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I've been feeling a bit down and I didn't want to post anything half-hearted! But everything will be ok in the end, so it's time to buckle up and get on with it! C'est la vie!
A lovely thing to come back with is a wonderful Liebster Award nomination from the lovely Jillian over at Breakfast at Jillian's so make sure you pop on over to say hi! :)
I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award from miss Emily of Pumpkin Emily Smiles! Thank you so much, this seems like a wonderful way to get to know fellow bloggers who are new to the blogging world.
The Rules Are:
1. Post the award on your blog. 2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.  3. Write 11 random facts about yourself. 4. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask 11 for your nominees to answer. 5. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1000 followers. 6. Let the nominees know you nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. Montaine is actually my Chinese first name and English middle name. 2. I love to sing! Check out: soundcloud.com/iammontaine 3. I live with my boyfriend and his two cats, Jean-Luc and Starbuck (as in Picard and Kara Thrace). 4. I went to art school at Otis College of Art & Design. 5. I play guitar, piano, and clarinet. 6. I am obsessed with short hair on girls, but always make the mistake of thinking short hair will work on me and end up crying for hours after the chop! 7. I did ballet for 9 years. 8. I love pasta - all of them. 9. My first job was at a Hello Kitty Sanrio Surprises. 10. I love rollercoasters. 11. I love flat design.
Questions From Emily:
1. What’s your favorite anime or cartoon? - Vampire Knight2. What’s your favorite type of music? - Anything that makes my head bob, I love it all3. If you could listen to a band or singer for the rest of your life, who would it be? - Foxes4. What’s your favorite animal? - Cat5. What country would you like to visit? - Italy6. If you could live in any country or city, where would you live? - I haven’t traveled enough to know, but my ideal place would be a city with lots of cute shops and cafes, surrounded by a rustic countryside - anyone know where I can find this place?7. What’s your favorite band or singer? - Always changing! Really into MØ right now.8. What’s your favorite thing to do? - Sing, period.9. What’s your favorite day of the week? - Friday.. gotta get down10. What’s your favorite childhood TV show? - Sesame Street11. If you could take a picture of anything in the world, what or who would it be? - Happiness
Questions For My Nominees:
1. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?2. What’s your favorite food?3. What’s your favorite dessert?4. What made you want to start a blog?5. Who inspires you?6. Ultimate vacation destination?7. What’s your favorite accessory?8. What’s your favorite hobby?9. What do you do when you’re not blogging?10. What’s your favorite brand or shop?11. Do you prefer online or in-store shopping?
My Nominations (I apologize if you’ve already received a Liebster nom):
1. Undecided Street2. Breakfast @ Jillian’s3. gkate4. Iris5. Nicola Wood6. Rose’s Rooftop7. FashionLookLa8. Leopards & Laces9. Brunette Trend10. FuckHighClass11. Kavue
So there are a set of rules when you get nominated!
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog!
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator and ask 11 for your nominees!
5. Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award and have under 1000 followers
6. Let the nominees know you've nominated them!
So let's get started shall we?!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a fear of dolphins. I know that's really weird, but they kill sharks! and that makes them pretty scary to me!
2. I'm a real homebird. I talk to my family every single day!
3. I love summer, but I hate being too hot!
4. I'm 21, studying for my masters degree, and I still have no idea what I want to do when I 'grow up' :P
5. I love disney, and dreamworks, and generally any film aimed at young children, they are just so simple and nice!
6. I wish I was better at photography
7. (sorry for the cheese) I genuinely think I've found the guy i'm going to spend the rest of my life with
8. I love to sing, and I do so at the top of my lungs, though I think i'm getting more tone deaf with age haha
9. I once went to a Yankees game and instantly fell in love with baseball. Such a better atmosphere than English sports!
10. I have a manual driving licence, but I have an automatic car because i'm too lazy for clutch control haha
11. I love computer games (such a nerd)
11 Questions from Jillian
1. Favourite place you've ever been? - Vegas. Vegas. Vegas. Amazing. You have to go.
2. Favourite fruit? - banana - it's the only fruit I like!
3. Who is your celebrity crush? - I don't know! I don't think I have one! Is that really bad?
4. What's something embarrassing that has happened to you? How long have you got :P I once tried to turn my car around, driving FORWARD, and I drove straight into a post and got my car stuck on it. I was looking where I was going too.
5. Favourite colour? - Duck egg blue!
6. What do you do when you're bored? Bug people until they entertain me :P or search bloglovin for some new blogs!
7. What's the weather like where you are? Well its the UK, so it's raining!
8. Why did you start your blog? So I have somewhere to share what I do so I have something to look back on when I inevitably forget!
9. Favourite movie? Breakfast at Tiffanys!
10. Describe your dream date? Just a relaxed day, a little walk and lunch in café or a picnic :) just a day with no plans to do what we like and see where the day takes us :)
11. Favourite piece of clothing that you own? My black barbour jacket :)
My 11 (5) Nominations! Sorry if you've already been nominated! Also sorry if you have more than 1000 followers, i'm just going off of the bloglovin number! :)
5. Sunny Sweet Pea

Sorry for just the five nominations! I wanted to post links to blogs that I already read quite often and not link to blogs that I haven't had time to read! Hopefully this week i'm going to find some free time and start reading some new blogs! If you have any recommendations make sure you post them in comments and i'll head on over and have a look!

Love, Amylou x

No comments:

Post a Comment