Monday 8 December 2014

Blogmas Day Eight: Christmas Party Dresses


Hey guys!

Christmas is a time of celebration, and December is full of Christmas parties, and you need dresses for those parties right?! I decided to make a post with a few dresses that i've seen and loved, just incase you needed some inspiration, or just wanted to look at some pretty dresses!




This first one is the Sarah Maxi Dress from Coast and I love it, I actually have this dress in my wardrobe waiting for my work's Christmas party. Black maxi dresses never go out of style, and they are so flattering. The bow detail on the back just gives it something special, and draws attention. Simple and elegant, a really beautiful gown.


I love red for christmas, and this Finale Crepe Dress from Coast is gorgeous. I actually have it in black and it looks so much prettier in person, and it looks amazing to begin with. The most flattering shape and the softest material. There's something about wearing a red dress that brings a certain confidence, that you don't get from other colours. Perfect for Christmas time.



Another colour perfect for Christmas is gold. I love this Glitter Neoprene Dress from Warehouse. The photos don't do it justice, just click on the link and watch the video of it on the catwalk, the way it catches the light is gorgeous. So sparkly, and so pretty. For those who daren't wear sequins or glittery fabrics throughout the year, christmas is the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone, and this dress would be a great place to start! *update - I fell in love with this dress and actually went out and bought it, it's so sparkly!*


This Leather and Scuba Skater Dress is also from Warehouse and is so pretty. You could wear this any time of year, but for Christmas i'd say make it a little more showy with a statement necklace, gold heels and a sparkly bag. Nude is a colour that pretty much everyone can pull off, and this is such a flattering shape, I practically live in skater dresses like this. Gorgeous. (and if you want something just a bit darker, it also comes in black!)



I love love love this dress. It's the FLAWRA Strapless Ruffle Dress from Ted Baker and it's so beautiful. I've always been a little skeptical of dresses like this, worried people would mistake it for a wedding dress or something like that, though I think this one is short enough for it to be ok. It's also trying to find a moment to wear it, as it's quite a fancy dress, but you can't really wear cream/white to a wedding so really that leaves dinners, white parties and winter parties! A really beautiful dress, I would love to have something like this for Christmas!

Those are my favourite five dresses that i've come across whilst looking for christmas party dresses this year! What do you think? Have you got any special dresses lined up for your parties this year?

Love Amylou x



Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest



6 comments:

  1. I loveloveLOVE that dress from Warehouse! I'm a bit of a Magpie when it comes to metallics and I just think that would be perfect for a Christmas party! :)


    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful, I've been looking for a Christmas dress for days now! The warehouse one is so so pretty, and I love the Ted Baker one too although I don't think I'm careful enough to wear white!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that first dress is absolute perfection!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love it so much, had it waiting in my wardrobe for weeks I can't wait to be able to wear it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I'm glad you thought so! I love the warehouse one, so pretty, and I think I'm a bit too messy to wear white too! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so sparkly, I'd really recommend it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete