Saturday 6 December 2014

Blogmas Day Six: Christmas Food!

Hey guys!

It's almost a week into December now, so we are well and truly in the Christmas spirit and that means food, so much food!

I don't know why, but we all (at least that I know) eat so much more at Christmas! I love it! Until I have to run it all off, but we'll leave that until January for now! haha :)

My favourite thing about Christmas food, is the turkey

source
I mean how amazing does that look?! But you can't eat turkey everyday (well you could if you really wanted to) so I thought i'd share some ideas for a few other christmas snacks and desserts to make in December!

If you're having an Italian night, why not make Christmas Tree tear-and-share bread?

credit and recipe

How about some adorable strawberry and brownie trees?

credit and recipe

Or just some simple and yummy chocolate cupcakes?

credit

Or some yummy grinch-inspired fruit snacks?

credit
I'd probably even go as far as to get an edible ink pen and draw faces on the grapes, but then I am a child at heart!

There are so many different things you can make and give a christmas theme. I always associate this time of year with chocolate and roast dinners (not together!) and profiteroles. I know profiteroles aren't a christmas food, but we always have them around christmas so I always think of christmas when we have them! I mean who doesn't want a christmas croquembouche like this:

credit

Just add a chocolate fondue and a selection of toppings and you have the perfect end to any meal! I love making profiteroles with my sister, think we need to make one of these this year!

But how about Christmas food for the big day feast?

All links here

This all looks so good. Prosciutto wrapped asparagus, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, and garlic roasted carrots with parsnips and potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking about eating these. As a family we have a roast dinner almost every Sunday, but there's just something special about a Christmas Dinner. I think it's because you just have so much more variety in it, and you have all your family round (and you pre-order all the food from Marks and Spencers so you know it's gonna be good).

At work we just bombard each other with chocolates and each office usually has a box of chocolates of some sort, celebrations or heroes in my office if we're lucky! It's such a festive time of year, and we all come together to celebrate with food. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach at this time of year, and I love every second of it.

What do you love to eat most at Christmas?

Love Amylou x

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Tumblr | Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for Christmas food! Pigs in blankets are my absolute weakness, I could eat them forever!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. those strawberry cupcakes look so dummy! I real want to try them!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those strawberry brownie trees are SO CUTE!!! My mom makes tamales every Christmas and that is definitely my favorite thing to eat :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the best! Pigs in blankets are so good! Christmas is the only time of year we get them and I look forward to it so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute aren't they! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing don't they! I want to try to make them but I know they won't turn out like that haha! I've never had a tamale before, but I just googled them and they look so good! Definitely want to try them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete